No device detected?

Hi guys, that's all it gives me when trying to connect to make changes. It gives me the EScribe window but same error trying to do anything. Downloaded latest software, running on iMac using Sonoma 14.6.1 so just wondering what to do. I have 2 of these HCigar mods does it with both, tried different usb/c cables too. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted (edited)

Oooook, I have two HCigar mods and no matter which one I try to use to get online to adjust settings all I get is this No usb device detected. Doesn't matter if using usb ports on computer or a usb hub, have tried several usb/c cords still same result. I'm using an iMac with most recent software version Sonoma 14.6.1, as far as I know it's the US version not the Canadian one. Both totally work, can't understand why it gets me to the device monitor page but then says no usb detected. It hasn't been that long since I last was able to access everything, downloaded most recent version for US yesterday. Device says firmware is 1.1.

Edited by timbuc2dan
Added firmware version.

On 8/18/2024 at 2:27 AM, timbuc2dan said:

I have 2 of these HCigar mods does it with both, tried different usb/c cables too

So you meant micro USB not usb/c <- that's why I needed that photo to ensure it was a DNA device. 😊

Is that a straight USB-A to micro USB plugged directly into your iMac (no funky Y cable or anything)?

• Like 1

Yes it is straight usb to micro c plugged into back of computer directly. I'm going thru all micro c cables I have hoping to find the one that came with the mod. I can use EScribe for everything but that which requires it connecting with the device. For some reason the only manuals I have are for windows not mac.