Lost Vape Thelema DNA 250C charging symbol problem and now unable to use after connection lost when Escribe "apply service pack" reset

Kukrapoc

Hello,
I had a strange bug for a few days with my LOST VAPE THELEMA DNA250C, I had it since 2 years, and no problem until these days. A charging symbol was permanently lit, but the box was not in charging mode. No consequences on the vape, but only on the percentage of battery, it remained stuck on a number, and descended by leaps from time to time. I'm on two 18650 batteries. Of course, I try different kind of set of batteries, I had multiples kind of it, LG ( brown ) , Efest ( purple ), but nothing changes.  I tried to plug it in using the mini usb cable on the electrical outlet, but no lights came on. Charging was not working. I cleaned everything with Isopropylic alcohol. Then I removed the batteries, and simply connected to the computer to open it on Escribe.
It was detected by the software, after the test on 6 usb cables... Wanting to do a reset, I "apply service pack" but the cable disconnected during the transfer. Following this, the thelema box is on a black screen, even with the cable connected to the computer, and with the batteries. Of course, it is no longer detected by Escribe.
Anyway, long story short, it just doesn't work anymore. How to restart the chipset and reconnect it?

Thanks in advance if you provide me some advices !

Here is the photo of the recharge symbol I got before the trying to reset and fail:
image.thumb.jpeg.600d7d23fc75f7dd84399e5df116bee8.jpeg
(the box had a lot of scratches, but never felt on the ground)

Edited by Kukrapoc

Up under Tools - Diagnostics - Reboot device - Hard reboot is what you should have done.

BUT NOW -> Stolen from Jacob. Try this:

Plug the device in & open Escribe. 

Ignore the connect/no compatible ... prompt.

Go to Tools> Apply service pack > Try an older service pack. 

If this applies, then apply the newest service pack from the front page of Escribe. 

If this doesn't work, I would also try more than one USB cable. Inspect the usb port and ensure it is clean. Even if it looks clean, I would use a small piece of paper towel, isopropyl & a toothpick to carefully clean out the port.

• Like 2

Hey ! 
quick update ! 
After trying to hard reboot from the first line of your proposal, the device shutdown and be completely black. After trying with multiple other micro usb cable, nothing worked.. But suddenly, at the last attempt, after first, pluging the only cable who works, and then launch Escribe, it's working ! I apply the last service pack and now the device run normally with no charging symbol, and seems totally workable !
Thanks a lot for your advices for a simple newbie. 

• Like 1

Do you charge your batteries internally or external, in a charger? I'm asking because you can disable internal charging, and if you did that, would that charging icon disappear.

Did you have a leak and maybe there's ejuice inside? My only thought is you could dismantle your mod till you see the board and wipe down the battery chip and all the solder points you see, as well as the USB on the front with IPO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...