Weak power (NeoGo - DNAGo)

TyDe

Dear Vaper-Friends!

My question is that (as you can see in the attached pictures), the device refuses to return the set values.
The boost function does not seem to work either. I have reset the default values, but nothing has changed...

If I build to 1.7 ohms, it only outputs 7.7 watts instead of the desired 12 watts. If I use 0.9 ohms, the maximum output is 12.4 watts. Unfortunately, this is just not enough for a satisfying vaping experience.

What could be the reason?

12W.JPG

16W.jpg

1 hour ago, TyDe said:

If I build to 1.7 ohms, it only outputs 7.7 watts instead of the desired 12 watts. If I use 0.9 ohms, the maximum output is 12.4 watts.

You need to build within the limitations of the chip. So build lower, and if you were to enable volts and current in the 'current puff' section you'll see it. Remember there's not boost for the battery voltage.

23 hours ago, Wayneo said:

See that 3.7V reading. Move your cursor 1/3 of the puff to the right and take another reading.

Oh...
Dear Wayneo!
I'm starting to understand (really slowly 🙂). Thank you!
So, do you mean:
3.45² (V) /0.967 (Ω) = 12,3 W... Thats why i cannot reach 16W?

0,967ohm.jpg

I just tried a lower build on another tank (SS316, 7 rounds).
It's a more pleasant experience and the boost seems to work...
What can be the best MTL build that gives you long battery life but also a pleasant experience.
Do you have any personal tips?
I would love to try it out.
Thanks in advance!

0,79ohms.jpg

4 hours ago, TyDe said:

I'm starting to understand (really slowly 🙂). Thank you!
So, do you mean:
3.45² (V) /0.967 (Ω) = 12,3 W... Thats why i cannot reach 16W?

Yes, with just 1 slight change. On the DM you see 'cold ohms' & 'live ohms'. I'll use that 'live' value from your last puff. (Which is odd, because the 'live ohms' should always be higher than 'cold')
3.45² (V) /0.948 (Ω) = 12.56 W or 12.6 W (rounded up) which is pretty close to the 12.61 shown in the 1st puff.

So look at 2 examples. If that coil was .35Ω and .5Ω
3.45² (V) /0.35Ω = 34 W.
3.45² (V) /0.50Ω = 23.8 W

If you can't get there with SS316, there is other material you can use. Something with a higher TCR.