I am having trouble with slow ramp up times with any rebuildable coil in rda, rta, or rdta's

Br114nAcc

19 minutes ago, Br114nAcc said:

the brown color that should be on ss316L turned to dark grey meaning something was causing my coils to burn, yet the cotton was only light caramel at the edges of the wicks and was only clear in the middle of the wicking

I primarily use SS in TC or Replay, and I could swear mine are all dark gray, my oldest in use since June 2020. Because coils heat from the center ... out, I/you can get caramel at the edges. And what's this supposed to mean -> 'or maxW/#B~>#Watt/2/3.09/.95'

All I can say is these DNA boards have built in safety mechanisms and published specs (https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250color.pdf) and the last 2 (I think I know what they are, and if I'm correct are wrong by your definition. That's why I ask 😉)

49 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Did it come with coils, and what were their ID? Maybe watch/read a review and follow their wicking and coiling.

7 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

316 316L are so close. 

So it says 0.4 ohms, is that per coil or total. My experience says per coil.

that is per coil, and total is .2. But my mod is reading them as .11  so i really dont know why they say they are so low. ss316L has an 18.92% higher resistance than ss430 so it shouldn't make that much of a difference

1 minute ago, dwcraig1 said:

Let your coils cool and use EScribe's Atomizer Analizer to check resistance.

also personally, just for future reference do you dry fire or just wash your coild when changing the cotton, i wash them and dont dry fire when changing cotton because i always end up burning them when i dry fire and if i dont burn them, whatever gunk that was on them just solidifies on them and gets really dark or light pink which is quite odd lol and i dry fire at 13-17 ohms

here are the pictures after i got an identical tank just a new one with a fixed 510 pin, it is way more stable, and way faster time and idk if there would be any things that might help with showing what could be up with the ohms of the coil, first is watt with boost then with no boost, second is tc with no preheat 

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (1).png

Are you using the same wire as in your earlier posts? The resistance of 0.12 troubles me. With building the same coil with the same wire but 6-7 wraps instead of 10-11 should be around 0.21 ohms for the pair of coils. Is there any chance they are touching the chamber? Have you checked resistance with the chamber removed, deck only?

15 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

Are you using the same wire as in your earlier posts? The resistance of 0.12 troubles me. With building the same coil with the same wire but 6-7 wraps instead of 10-11 should be around 0.21 ohms for the pair of coils. Is there any chance they are touching the chamber? Have you checked resistance with the chamber removed, deck only?

i'll check right now, it seemed to have been working recently and last night i was just adding a working replay function to my theme. seems like the only type of vape that gives me a good hit is replay as of right now lol but yes let me check real quick

15 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

nope still definitely at .111-.112 ohms constant and raw ohms is .115

Just now, Br114nAcc said:

my bad brother i forgot i forgot, this is a 4 strand twist fuck i am stupid as shit i am so sorry for waisting your time, hey but i am pretty proud of my theme i made, i would definitely like to know if a seasoned vaper like you would grade it on a 1-10 scaleimage.thumb.jpg.4c4a11ef3e059286e2e49164b4b382fa.jpg

but for sure thank you so much for the help with all of the other stuff, you helped me know how to read device monitor and what to change to get a better hit for my rta builds, i appreciate that, thanks when i came on here i did not expect to get such great help that quick so thanks