DNA 75 reading resistance inaccurately

Pigs

A little while ago I was given a used DNA 75 JAC Vapour series B mod. It reads resistances consistently high (0.55 Ohm builds read 0.73 Ohms on this device). My reference points have been other DNA mods - both a DNA 60 and another DNA 75.

I disassembled the device and cleaned all the contacts with De-Oxit but this hasn't made a difference.

I'm especially keen to fix this because I want to use this mod as a build stand/Ohm-reader.

Is there anything I can do in Escribe to diagnose or compensate for this?

tia

Absolutely! EScribe's Atomizer Analyzer will give you live resistance reading. And if you purposely short the 510 connector, it will tell you the internal resistance of the mod itself. And you can save this value in the Mod -> Electrical tabs in the Manufacture Interface (Options -> User Interface). And the mod will ignore this resistance in the future when you upload setting to the device.

Reading 0.18Ω higher is quite high. But the problem is between the board output and the 510 connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BillW50 said:

Absolutely! EScribe's Atomizer Analyzer will give you live resistance reading. And if you purposely short the 510 connector, it will tell you the internal resistance of the mod itself. And you can save this value in the Mod -> Electrical tabs in the Manufacture Interface (Options -> User Interface). And the mod will ignore this resistance in the future when you upload setting to the device.

Reading 0.18Ω higher is quite high. But the problem is between the board output and the 510 connection.

4 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

I would be looking at the 510 socket, there have been some known issues.

Specifically the ground. 

Thanks for the feedback. I'll apply that escribe compensation/ fix if a second clean under and around the 510 doesn't help. I'd looked at and cleaned the solder points before my first post and couldn't see anything that looked like a dry joint or a bad connection. Not always visible though.

• Like 1