Flat Wire

Markse68

I’ve grown to really love my reflex- it’s pretty much all i use now apart from a dripper at home in the evenings. I change my pod once a week. I’m using 80:20 vg:pg with 5% h2o and very little flavouring and after a week the coil is moderately carbonised over the centre 3 or 4 wraps- the outer wraps are clean as they stay cooler being closer to the terminal posts.

This is more a suggestion but in the past when rebuilding atties I experimented with flat wire coils and found them to last longer before carbonising. My thoughts are that having a larger flat surface in contact with the wick keeps the temperature more even within the coil metal itself- with a round wire only a small part is in contact so the outer parts can overheat.

Flat coils might improve coil life in these non serviceable pods I think.

Just a thought 

Mark

I might be mistaken Mark, but I believe if Evolv changes anything, they have to submit a whole new PMTA.

I too noticed this with flat wire and with flat mesh too. Although to me, everyone vapes too hot. So I vape at lower wattages and temperatures and even round wire lasts a very long time.

Sometimes I vape my Reflex a lot and sometimes I vape something else. But I had the same pod in mine since August of 2021. I vaped 4038 puffs and went through 20.6ml of juice since then and the pod is still fine. I just turned the boost off and the wattage down.

Hi Bill, you are probably right, though for other markets that wouldn't be an issue (I'm in UK)

I agree re power- I usually use the lowest setting though sometimes need a bit more and go for the middle setting. Long slow tokes is key I find. I'm using it all day every day- in fact this is my second as the USB failed on the 1st (corroded pin from condensation/seepage) I refill twice a day on average so I guess 20-30ml a week. The pods are still useable after a week but I can tell the flavour is off and it's nice to crack open a fresh one.

Mark

• Like 1