A DIFFERENT WALLPAPER DOES NOT A NEW THEME MAKE

Thunder Dick

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE POST THE SAME THEME WITH DIFFERENT WALLPAPERS SO MANY TIMES . I'M NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN BUT THERE IS NO REASON TO SIFT THROUGH THE SAME THEME 20 TIMES . YOU CAN POST ONE TIME AND HAVE A LIST OF ALL THE WALLPAPERS YOU WANT WITHOUT THE USELESS CLUTTER. THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO POST THE SAME THEME MULTIPLE TIMES BUT THEY ARE STREAMLINING THEIR THEME AND EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS THE SAME IT ISN'T. THESE UPLOADS ARE UNDERSTANDABLE. IF PEOPLE AREN'T DOWNLOADING YOUR THEME POSTING IT 20 MORE TIMES WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. LIKE I SAID NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN AND STIEFEL ANYBODY'S CREATIVITY. I JUST DON'T SEE WHY YOU DO IT.

Man, I hear you, but WHY all caps

Unfortunately, there's just no easy change wallpaper option. Plus with the option of 3 different wallpapers per theme, many authors will use some pretty picture/logo for the lock screen, and some other more abstract image (if any) for the working screens.

One author actually has/had a wallpaper zip file with his!

But look at it this way. A brand new user with his brand new shiny mod just wants something new on his screen. Hell, he doesn't even need to sign up. So he comes here and downloads whatever, whenever .......... most without even leaving a comment or thanks. Or the other user I call 'Theme collector' who downloads 600+ themes and only leaves a few scant reviews or comments. My quoted words from before "It is clear that some registered users will just go around 'theme collecting' 4, 5, 6 at a time. There's nothing wrong with that." All these extras give them more to download, space to waste on their machine.

Since I am currently very present with many themes in a row in the list, I take this post a bit personally and would like to comment on it as follows:

- For the selection of the wallpaper, I am pulling the individual themes together into one post, although the interventions in the theme goes deeper than "just" exchanging the background.

- It seems like it is "just" a different logo, but the average user is probably not able to exchange these logos in my themes without getting a non-functional result afterwards.

9 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Man, I hear you, but WHY all caps

Unfortunately, there's just no easy change wallpaper option. Plus with the option of 3 different wallpapers per theme, many authors will use some pretty picture/logo for the lock screen, and some other more abstract image (if any) for the working screens.

One author actually has/had a wallpaper zip file with his!

But look at it this way. A brand new user with his brand new shiny mod just wants something new on his screen. Hell, he doesn't even need to sign up. So he comes here and downloads whatever, whenever .......... most without even leaving a comment or thanks. Or the other user I call 'Theme collector' who downloads 600+ themes and only leaves a few scant reviews or comments. My quoted words from before "It is clear that some registered users will just go around 'theme collecting' 4, 5, 6 at a time. There's nothing wrong with that." All these extras give them more to download, space to waste on their machine.