dovpo TOP GEAR knob

jinx'd

i have a TOP GEAR mod. somehow juice got down around the knob. i am not concerned about the knob, unless you have info on it. mostly what i want to know = if i cut the wires for the knob, it wouldn't effect the chip ? i am figuring not, but i don't want to assume. 

on the dovpo FB page, i asked about cleaning the switch. after 2 lame recommendations, i gave an explanation of my concerns, my thread was deleted. 

I bought four of them. I can't see any problems if you want to cut the wires off. Since the buttons on the front will still work. Did the juice mess up the operation of the wheel? They sell electronic cleaner like on Amazon that should work ok if you still want to use the wheel.

Hello, Bill

the wheel works fine, though i don't use it. but i do know that juice can damage contacts. and i really don't know how well the switch is sealed. i do know there is a larger outside seal, but what, if any, is around the shaft . and that "perhaps" the switch contacts get corroded enough to short 2 contacts and kill the chip.