Ss316l cold ohms changing after dry burning coil?

e.spark

Hello!

I have been vaping using ss316l wire for a month and whenever I dry burn and rewick the cold ohms starts changing. When I first installed the coil it was around 0.26 ohms and after dry burning it after 10-12 times it's around 0.31 ohms. I usually dry burn at 15-25 watts with 1-2 seconds pulses. Is this something I should be concerned about? Thank you!

I guess I didn't clear things up properly. I install this coil (the resistance of the wire is 0.26 ohms at room temperature), i vape it for a few days and when they get gunked up, i dry fire the coils to clean them up. After cleaning it up using the method I mentioned earlier, I give the coil 20 minutes to cool off and then when I check the resistance, I see that the ohm has increased ( 0.27 ohms at room temperature). Every time I clean the coils this keeps on happening. Now my coil has a resistance of 0.31 ohms at room temperature. I hope this will clear things up.

Now the question is whatever is going on with this coil, is it good or something to be concerned about?

Sorry for my bad English though ☹️

Edited by e.spark

You might want to run Atomizer Analyzer in escribe to see how much fluctuation there is. ~.003-.004Ω is normal. 
You can clean your 510 threading on the mod and atty. Also check that the coil leads are still snug.
Overall, nothing to be concerned about

In my case the resistance increased by 0.5 ohms. I cleaned the 510 threading and checked if there's anything loose in my atty. I couldn't find anything wrong with the mod or the atty. I even checked the atty in another DNA mod so yeah I'm confused

21 hours ago, e.spark said:

После очистки с помощью метода, о котором я упоминал ранее, я даю катушке 20 минут, чтобы она остыла, а затем, когда я проверяю сопротивление, я вижу, что сопротивление увеличилось (0,27 Ом при комнатной температуре). Это происходит каждый раз, когда я очищаю катушки. Теперь моя катушка имеет сопротивление 0,31 Ом при

Дружище, я сварщик и часто сталкиваюсь с этим явлением при работе с нержавейкой. Это происходит из-за выгорания поверхности катушки при сухом нагреве без защитного газа. Такое явление стандартно для нержавейки, это простая химия, при нагреве свыше 550 градусов Цельсия на поверхности нержавейки разрушается и испаряется часть соединений хрома и никеля, поверхность покрывается оксидной пленкой, которая имеет очень большое сопротивление, при каждом подобном нагреве диаметр провода постепенно уменьшается, это и приводит к увеличению сопротивления. Вообще, все нормально, постепенное увеличение сопротивление при эксплуатации катушек из нержавейки это стандартное явление, главное не делать сильных сухих ударов, чтобы не вдыхать испарения хрома и никеля

печать.jpg