TC help

rc68

Hi all 👋🏼
Last week i got my very first DNA250C mod, and love this thing. Ordered some flaptons ss316l with it to try TC. When i got it, put some fresh batteries in it, build the Kree24 rta with if i remember correctly 5 wraps, 3mm id spaced coil which came around .3 ohm. Turn the device on, and in 316L profile i set it to 425F @ 50Watts. Wow, nice warm flavour. That day everything was fine. The next day, i tried replay which i also liked. Didn’t mess with anything else, and used it about 5 days in replay mode. Few days ago wanted to switch to TC again, measured cold ohms again, set temp to 425F @ 50Watts again, and here begins my problem. No flavour, no warmth, only dry vapor. So i tought, lets make a new coil, and same. After that i build the Gear rta, Destiny rta, Druga rta with the same specs and having the same problem.

Sorry for the long post.
Hope someone can help me. 09EC6F7E-42B6-45EC-B9CC-60B683462703.thumb.jpeg.4c7cd7733aa6384824ae4ea43eac537f.jpeg

Edited by rc68

TC requires that you start with your coil at ambient (room) temperature when you measure the Ω (among other things). 
Replay is much easier (on the standard Profile 8 (Replay)) where you just save the puff you like, for it to follow.

If your new coils are similar, and close to the original Ω's, there might not be enough change for it to prompt the 'new coil' message. So you could/should remeasure before vaping. 

A screenshot of Device Monitor while vaping showing watts, temp set, temp, live and cold ohms would help

• Like 1

On the surface, everything looks fine to me. Well, the room temp appears low, but only you know if that's in the ball park.

TC appears to be working as it should (red line). I see your cold ohms rise(purple), and the mod regulating the watts as it should (green line).
How does it feel to you?

That was my next question, indeed the room temp reads low. On my thermostat i see 20.5C or 68/69F. 
The vape feels a bit on the cooler side, maybe i should raise it a bit, 460/470F? I dunno never vaped in TC before, maybe i had a wrong measurement last week, when 450F felt pretty hot? So the green line is ok, starting @ around 50 watts and cuts the wattage when the temp is reached? 
Now my mod reads my room temp wrong, can this affect the vape? If so what can i do? Thank again for your help 👍🏼

Sure, raise the temp if you want. The warmth to you is subjective. I, at times, vape higher than that and sometimes lower than that depending on the flavor I want, or first thing in the a.m.

Sorta. Your mod started at zero, shot past 50 (green line again) (due to preheat watts power), then settled at the temp set.

I have no idea about last week, could be anything.

The room temp issue is tricky at best. You'd need to run a thermal calibration. Takes about an hour, and it's then modeled. However there are about 4 different scenarios where depending on what's going it can affect it.

You could always use Profile 8 Replay.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help and replys.

I’m more than happy that it works, as it should. Raised to 475F now and feels better. I’m gonna check how i can do the thermal calibration when i have time, and am on my pc 👍🏼

Edited by rc68

Sorry, one last question ☺️
So now i measured the coil after cooling down after dry burning my coil, so without any wick, liquid etc. What if i want to screw another tank on that is already built, wicked and full with liquid? Just screw the new tank on, remeasure and vape?

There are many newer YT videos about the boards and escribe. The concepts for the color boards are all the same. DJLSB vapes has some good videos. 

If you look at each of the 8 profiles you'll notice that they each have an ohm value and a room (ambient) temp it was read. Some themes will allow you to adjust that temp, but it's not on the default theme.

Thanks for all your help Wayneo, i appreciate it. I will take a look 🙂

So let’s say when i switch now from ss316 profile to replay, it switches to the ‘old’ measured value on replay and doesn’t look to the ohms that was on the ss316 profile?