Drone screen replacement, zif connector

jinx'd

hello. i just got in my new screen for my Drone. i am trying to release the clamp for the ribbon, but its not coming loose, and i don't want to break anything. please advice, a vid would be great. i searched and didn't find anything.

Thanx 

Edited by jinx'd

There are pictures in this link. 
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/71319-how-to-change-a-screen-on-lostvape-paranormal/?tab=comments#comment-934609
The cover hinges at each side where the ribbon goes underneath the connector. Go to the opposite end, and lift/push the cover towards the ribbon. I think I've used a fingernail or tweezer at the edge of the cover. It will stand vertical to the board.

Make sure to slide the new cable in straight and far enough. When you push that cover down, you'll hear/feel it click in.

Thanx. i was trying to lift the wrong part. 

while we are here, let me ask. the screen, it was stuck to its mounting panel, idk if it will restick the new one. is there something i should put on there, or just leave it, or what ?

Thanx

oh, is there a good way to remove juice from all the nooks and crannies ?

4 minutes ago, jinx'd said:

the screen, it was stuck to its mounting panel, idk if it will restick the new one. is there something i should put on there, or just leave it, or what ?

Never ripped one apart so you'll just have to see. IMHO it's really there so it doesn't move during re-assembly, but it's not a requirement. You might find the thinnest double edged tape.

Isopropyl alcohol with a qtip works for nooks and crannies. Wipe it all down. 👍

• Like 1

thanx. i will report back later with the results.

oh, another thing

have you ever heard of someone putting some type of screen protector film on the screens ? i bought some for this purpose, but have never tried it. the film for phones. 

37 minutes ago, jinx'd said:

i just stated to install a new screen in a LV Drone. the ribbon is way to long.  i am guessing they made them universal. so, how do i shorten it ?

I merged this post into your original thread from earlier. It's all the same topic.
If you followed that link I gave you, right there in the instructions it shows to bend the cable under the holder away from the fire button. 

• Wayneo changed the title to Drone screen replacement, zif connector
7 minutes ago, jinx'd said:

well that ribbon gets all bent up, i hope its robust. seems fragile to me

Did ya look at the pics? There's room under there (away from the fire button), it'll lay flat. We've been doing that for 5+ years 👍

ok. when i installed the first screen = all white display. i tried my other 2 screens, same thing. so i went back to the first screen and fiddled with it and got it working. now, trying to fold the ribbon in place = white screen. any ideas ?

2 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Did ya look at the pics? There's room under there (away from the fire button), it'll lay flat. We've been doing that for 5+ years 👍

the one pic i saw, the ribbon was folded over the terminal, then back to the folded screen. am i missing something

idk how i would clean the zif, other than spraying it with something. saying that, the chip doesn't have any juice on it. it was all on the inside of the mounting housing that holds the screen. old ribbon is dry also. 

so, how would i clean those ?

12 minutes ago, jinx'd said:

... the chip doesn't have any juice on it. it was all on the inside of the mounting housing that holds the screen. old ribbon is dry also. 

I must be confused about the screens, but Isopropyl alcohol with a qtip. Just make sure the cable is straight, pushed in, and you hear/feel the click.

ok. but i see no way to get inside the zif to touch with a q-tip. 

the ribon goes all the way, but does feel loose, i can move the screen side to side with the connection being the hinge point. the clamp does not clamp it tight, but i can not pull it out. i press on the zif a little and that does nothing.