Lost Vape Grus video swap

Podunk Steam

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Podunk Steam said:

I guess I should have mentioned the 14 was on my own accord, thanks retird! Just got to make things interesting ya know. 😉

Just wanted to add that to your thread for those who may come to read. It gives them a lot of info they may want...  Great video by the way....😊

11 minutes ago, retird said:

Just wanted to add that to your thread for those who may come to read. It gives them a lot of info they may want...  Great video by the way....😊

Fine job you're doing sir.

The video I posted isn't mine. I believe the gentleman's name is Stuart and he's over the other side of the pond.  

Edited by Podunk Steam
  • Like 2

One part of the assembly was missing in the video, sliding the circuit board and plastic parts into the mod body. With the dust protection for the display and silicone button gaskets this can be frustrating. The scotch tape trick works well here.

A piece of scotch tape a little more than three times the length of the height of the mod folded sticky side to sticky side with no wrinkles makes for a reasonably good tool for the process. Similar thin plastic that won't stretch or tear will work too, scotch tape is just a common household Item.

Slide your folded tape through the mod with a little sticking out the 510 end, as you slide the circuit board and plastic parts in the tape will help your parts slide through the mod body until the parts are near their final position. Once near the final position, hold the plastic parts at the battery entry end and pull the tape out from either end.  I pulled mine out the 510 end of the mod.

Edited by Podunk Steam
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, retird said:

THX for adding that tip.  I haven't modded anything for several years but this one peaked my interest.

No sweat!

The only reason I bought this mod was it looked to have the potential for this swap if the original circuit didn't pan out for me.

The only other part that's a little tricky is widening the bed for the display. It seems to be a pretty soft ABS plastic and can be carved with a knife easily. I did just that, took my time at it with a knife, that was the longest part of the process.

• 1 month later...

Für mich auch sehr interessant - ich bin immer für Bastellösungen zu haben und bei mir liegt noch ein 250c-board aus meiner ersten verreckten Paranormal in der Schublade... Ich könnte mir sogar vorstellen, dass selbst die Edelstahlknöpfe von der Paranormal passen. 

Ich wünschte, bei Therion/Paranormal/Centaurus wären die 510er so gut verschraubt - Paranormal mit Atty im freien Fall: heraus gerissene Schrauben. Centaurus im freien Fall mit Atty: 510er sitzt, Akkuträger verbogen. Ja - ich sollte sie nicht fallen lassen.... 🤔

Der Umbau sollte ja dann grundsätzlich bei allen Geräten funktionieren, welche das Board verwenden, welches im Grus verbaut ist - da ergibt sich eine nette Vielfalt. 

Edited by gwyar