I just did somethig stupid. I thought I bricked my mod

Jetro

Well I did something really stupid.
This mod was a Triade 250c. It was brand new, it never had an atomizer on it. I had setup the profiles and all I wanted to do was put my theme on it.

When you upload a theme two boxes popup the first is when Theme Designer is downloading the settings from the mod. When it's done downloading. The popup closes. Then the second popup box comes on and the theme and settings are uploaded to the mod. When the uploading is done the popup closes. When done you just disconnect the mod and vape.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a popup close and I pulled the cable. What I saw next was an error popup on the p/c sreen, saying the upload failed. I checked the mod and it was dead as a stone. So I reconnected the mod and tryed to reupload the theme. I got an error popup stating the download failed and that the firmware had features the mod did not support. (I do not remember the exact message but it was close to what I wrote in the previous sentence.) Instead of an OK button in the popup it said Continue instead. I clicked on continue, the popup closed and nothing else happened.

How to fix this:
1) Remove the batteries. This will not work if the batteries are not removed/disconnected!!!!!
If your mod has a lipo battery and if it is soldered to the board you will have to cut the negative lead. Tape up the end of the cut wire as soon as possible. (the reason to cut the negative wire is, if the end of the batteries negative  lead touches the mods case there will not be a short circuit).

2) Open Escribe and connect the mod. Do not disconnect the USB cable until the steps are completed.  (If EScribe fails to recognize the mod and will not open it. It is unforunately dead.)

3) In Ecribe, click on the tools tab, Click on Apply Service Pack. The pictures below show the steps.
    The first time I applied the service pack (firmware) it went to 96% stopped and failed with this error, "the firmare has features that the firmware does not support"
    Flash the sevice pack again. This time it went to 96% and stopped, the progress counter counted for ~ 30 seconds. Then it jumped to 98% and counted for about 40 seconds. It jumped to 100% sat there for second.
    At that point the popup closed and the the sevice pack upload success popup displayed. I then reset my profiles and uploaded the settings. Click "Disconnect" on EScibe. The mod is saved!

So at this point. I wondered what would happen if you pulled the cable during a sevice pack update?..... Well hold my beer.
I name my  mods when I set them up in Escribe. When I borked the theme upload and connected the mod to EScribe, the mods name was in the mod selection box.
I had to do the same as above but this time the mods name was 250c. I had to select how many batteries the mod had. Then the mod connected to EScribe. Everything was at default even the materials were reset.
It took reflashing the service pack three times to fix it this time.

Well hold my beer again. Twice!
The DNA 75c reacts the same as the 250c. But after borking the theme upload I only had to flash the service pack once. After borking the service pack it took two flashes instead of three.

(If EScribe fails to recognize the mod and will not open it. It is unforunately dead.)

This issue can happen even if you do not do anything stupid. Make for sure the USB cable is a good one. Avoid using the ones that supplied with the mod. They are the cheapest cable the manufacturer can find to reduce their cost per unit.

Please Do Not do this to see if it works. If your mod is Not Dead do not tempt Mr Murphy. If you have a dead mod, you really can't hurt something dead, try it. You might fix your mod!

Today the Triade has 56,252 puffs and has been perfect. The 75c (a VT-75D) has 63,633 puffs without issue.

Hope this helps.....JT

1 tools select apply serv pk.png

2 after select.PNG

3 select firmware.PNG

4 firmwrae applied after clicking open.png

5 success.PNG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zark said:

Была подобная история, да Вы описали совершенно правильную методику

Печать.jpg

Zark,

I try very hard to post correct information based on experience. For new DNA users it can be very hard to get information on problems they encounter.

It is like this post. When I killed my mod, I searched the internet without success to find a  way to fix it. Trial and error allowed me to find this procedure. I think it is very important to share what you learn and help others.

Thanks for the verification and comment..........JT