Replay Not Working

drjohnson61

I have a Lost Vape Drone BF DNA250C Mod. and I'm using a dual SS316L  Fused Clapton coil set up @ 0.058ohms, in a Vandy Vape Phobia 2,  BF RDA. It works in Temp Control but I can't get replay to work.

It worked for a little bit at first but not anymore. I feel like I’m missing something simple but what? Any suggestions?

Hi,

from my own experience come together three things that the replay function does not like each one:

- complex wire (fused clapton)
- Dual coil
- very, very low impedance

In your setup I almost doubt that the TC-Mode delivers reproducible results ...
But, as indicated at the beginning - it's just a guess!

What is it like to take out one coil and steam as a single coil?
Next step would be a simple wire as a single coil, then as a dual coil.

Limit the sources of error.

(Translated with Google translator")

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got a new Drone 2 weeks ago, and also own a Phobia. Running it with simple round SS304 dual coil wich gives me 0.111Ω.

TC and Replay working fine.

So, dual coil and/or material is not an issue. Also its not a problem of the atty.

But I have a PulseX with a "fancy" Alien SS316L dual coil (0.214Ω) where Replay is also not working, not giving me the "SAVE" option on the display.

So I guess its the complex wire which creates the problem with Replay.

@drjohnson61

When you do Replay, do you run it in SS316L mode or do you switch to Watt  as material ?

Because Replay combined with TC is a mess, as they work against each other, because TC tries to calculate the optimum Temp/Watts, and at the same time Replay tries to recreate the last saved puff.

So try to run Replay with Wattage, or TC without Replay.

Replay is NOT TC ! So use only one of them at the same time.

Lots of people are getting confused with this. I did this in the beginning too, as I thought it would be "common sense" to use the correct material and then use Replay on it.

But in practice its counterproductive.

Hope this helps to solve your problem.

If not, then maybe try a simple wire.

Also the source of the problem could be your low resistance.

The official manual is not very clear on this, but I found a review where these numbers are mentioned (related to the DNA250C chip):

• Min Kanthal Resistance: 0.1ohm
  • Min Temperature Resistance: 0.08ohm

So your 0.058Ω is out of that range. But I wonder why you don't get a "Ohm too low" message...

Did you try this atty on a different mod ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Lanzarotechris:

@drjohnson61

When you do Replay, do you run it in SS316L mode or do you switch to Watt  as material ?

Because Replay combined with TC is a mess, as they work against each other, because TC tries to calculate the optimum Temp/Watts, and at the same time Replay tries to recreate the last saved puff.

So try to run Replay with Wattage, or TC without Replay.

Replay is NOT TC ! So use only one of them at the same time.

Lots of people are getting confused with this. I did this in the beginning too, as I thought it would be "common sense" to use the correct material and then use Replay on it.

For this reason I don't allow the combination "Temp Sensing Material"  AND "Replay" in my enhanced themes.

"Replay" is only provided for power mode with material selection "Watt".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

В 13.10.2019 в 9:14 PM, gwyar сказал:

"Replay" is only provided for power mode with material selection "Watt"

В 13.10.2019 в 3:38 PM, Lanzarotechris сказал:

Вы оба совершенно правы, для корректной настройки Replay необходимо либо использовать режим Watts, либо использовать themes в которых при переходе в режим Replay автоматически отключается функция Temperature protect.

Иногда Replay не переходит в SAVE при использовании сложных катушек, при этом иногда помогает ручная корректировка холодного сопротивления.

Но, в целом, использование простых катушек из термо контрольного материала, это единственно правильный путь к Replay (я считаю этот режим максимально упрощенным, по этому не стоит ожидать от него правильной работы со сложными катушками ИМХО)

Печать.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody and thanks for all your helpful insight! 

I have learned some things. I understood that replay was for TC but apparently not.  I wrapped another set of coils, using the same SS316L wire,  but I made these 6 wraps - 3mm id and installed them in my VV Pyro V2 RTA. They came out at 0.090 ohms and work great. They are working fine in Replay, or so I thought. After reading your replys, I looked a little closer at the trend. What I found was, that in temp control, using replay, the hit was not consistent at all, really. I switched the settings, as suggested,  and its working fine. 

Thank you all, again, for your help with this.

20191023_112539.jpg

Edited by drjohnson61
Added photo

• 4 weeks later...

@drjohnson61

Glad to help you ;-)

@zark

Sorry, but I don't understand you when you write kyrillic.

On 10/13/2019 at 8:14 PM, gwyar said:

For this reason I don't allow the combination "Temp Sensing Material"  AND "Replay" in my enhanced themes.

"Replay" is only provided for power mode with material selection "Watt".

Thats a good idea. The developers of the mod-software/escribe should think about implementing this as a standard !

12 часа назад, Lanzarotechris сказал:

@zark

Sorry, but I don't understand you when you write kyrillic.

I write in Russian, site rules allow this. This forum has a built-in translation function (you must click the right mouse button anywhere on the screen and select "translate to ...."). I used to try to embed translated text. but the imperfection of the translator greatly distorts technical terms, it’s better to have the original (not translated) version at this addressee, in order to be able to find the correct translation.

I understand that all this creates inconvenience, but this is perhaps the only way to exchange thoughts and experiences with people from different countries

печать.PNG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
В 10.12.2019 в 7:21 AM, Azeroth сказал:

Can you guys tell me about "Save Puff", i dunno why thats sign of came to appears when firing on my Triade 250C w/ wire Kanthal A1 & Alien fused clapton?

Причиной может служить плохой контакт на зажимах катушки, так же наличие коротких замыканий между витками может иногда вводить мод в заблуждение, поскольку тогда при нагреве катушки может сильно изменяться сопротивление. А может все гораздо проще, Ваш Alien fused clapton может иметь в обмотку  в которой ода из жил сделана из Temp Sensing Material

Печать.jpg