lupinehorror

buttons do nothing. can't fire

Recommended Posts

all,

hoping you can help. my DNA60 device was fine. next time i used it...nothing. it shows the attached or hold up and down buttons  to unlock power. if i connect it to escribe  works fine and i can fire it and change settings. disconnect it and back to square one. tried resetting it. still the same.

IMG_20190810_121331_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When connected to EScribe it fires the coil normally?

How about posting a screen shot of Device  Monitor while firing? Like this one.

Device Monitor.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

When connected to EScribe it fires the coil normally?

How about posting a screen shot of Device  Monitor while firing? Like this one.

Device Monitor.PNG

you look familiar from ecf! thanks for replying.

battery left out overnight. nothing changed. here's the screen grab of it firing on escribe

firing.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

This is the first time that I hear about this particular problem, others have had a problem with mod not coming out of deep sleep or had no connection to battery. Perhaps someone else has some ideas but you should contact Evolv for a remedy.

 https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=1

have done...thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lupinehorror said:

... next time i used it...nothing. it shows the attached or hold up and down buttons  to unlock power.

After you held down those 2 buttons for a few seconds, could you change the watts?

There are 3 different lock modes on the box. If you start with it not working and then plug in and start escribe - device monitor .......... what does it say down at that very last line on the left hand side? Your pic did not show it. DW's pic shows Mode: Charging, Power Locked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

After you held down those 2 buttons for a few seconds, could you change the watts?

There are 3 different lock modes on the box. If you start with it not working and then plug in and start escribe - device monitor .......... what does it say down at that very last line on the left hand side? Your pic did not show it. DW's pic shows Mode: Charging, Power Locked.

hi.

buttons do nothing. can't change wattage or anything else. device monitor says 'Mode: Charging'

firing3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and i'd actually changed the power, in escribe, to 15W but it fired at 29W.

tried a hard reboot. no change.

also...just noticed. when i put the battery in and switch the mod on the Ws just automatically scroll up to 60 without me doing anything.

Edited by lupinehorror

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There you go.  In your last printscreen, right there in the middle, see it says Buttons: Up. Then you said you set it to 15, but it fired at 29. Now at 60. Seems/sounds like you have a sticky button, at a minimum. 

All 3 actuators/buttons are external to the board. You'd need to remove the panel over the buttons, and clean it ou if there's any leakage or find what's causing the sticking.

Good luck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

There you go.  In your last printscreen, right there in the middle, see it says Buttons: Up. Then you said you set it to 15, but it fired at 29. Now at 60. Seems/sounds like you have a sticky button, at a minimum. 

All 3 actuators/buttons are external to the board. You'd need to remove the panel over the buttons, and clean it ou if there's any leakage or find what's causing the sticking.

Good luck

very useful. thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

There you go.  In your last printscreen, right there in the middle, see it says Buttons: Up. Then you said you set it to 15, but it fired at 29. Now at 60. Seems/sounds like you have a sticky button, at a minimum. 

All 3 actuators/buttons are external to the board. You'd need to remove the panel over the buttons, and clean it ou if there's any leakage or find what's causing the sticking.

Good luck

took everything apart. twice. copious amount of contact cleaner sprayed. put it all back together and it's still the same. the buttons seem fine and are just as clicky as they were before the fault. i knew there hadn't been any leaking and there wasn't. stumped.

IMG_20190811_171132_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With it apart (panel off), did you plug it in and see if device monitor still shows the button being pressed? The actual board buttons are on the fire button side, and wires are usually routed away from them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, Wayneo said:

With it apart (panel off), did you plug it in and see if device monitor still shows the button being pressed? The actual board buttons are on the fire button side, and wires are usually routed away from them.

sorry for the delay.

this is it apart and connected to escribe. evolv have replied to my ticket and i sent them the same file. 'Buttons: Up'.

cheers.

 

firing4.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 2:23 PM, Wayneo said:

The actual board buttons are on the fire button side, and wires are usually routed away from them.

Did you check the above? DW circled the button for you in red?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Did you check the above? DW circled the button for you in red?

i did but as i haven't accessed that board i couldn't do anything about it. please see below :)

12 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

Check to see if the button on the board is clicky.

Look at 5 and 6 for solder bridging them.

just got an RMA from evolv so will be taking the mod apart. will check the button when i've got it in bits. if i can fix it that way it'll save them and me some money.

thank you both for your help and advice. it's not an area where i have a huge amount of knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now