Vape Veteran. DNA rookie.

K1NG5LAYER

Hey there everyone. I’ve been vaping for quite a long time now. I switched to nic salts and low wattage pod kits because of their effectiveness, and discreet portability. Been using the Lost Vape Orion since October and absolutely love it.

When I first got it, I installed Escribe on my MacBook, plugged the device in, and started messing with the software. It was a foreign language to me. I set a few things that I kinda felt comfortable with and having been vaping just fine with my Orion device. 

Ive tried multiple times since, to plug it back into my computer to play around with the escribe settings again. Now- it will not connect. It says “please plug in the device” although it is plugged in, with the light illuminated on the device. I’ve tried a bunch of cords to no avail. Any advice?

Also is there somewhere on this Forum, perhaps an old post explaining the escribe software to extreme newbies? Any type of info will help and be appreciated. I don’t want to bother you DNA vets with rookie questions, but I honestly have no idea how to use this software correctly. Thank you so much all for taking the time. 

I’ll try to come up with a few specific questions during the day, and check back later. Again- thanks so much! Take care. 

For the Mac issue, I'd suggest you check you're running the latest versions of software and firmware. Link in my sig.

You might wanna try a few different cables if it's not connecting. Some cables are charging only.

Search works, and if you hit that magnifying glass, more options appear. djlsb has many YT videos, but they're like an hour long. The GO chip has much fewer customizations than the full blown chip. Many fields have little 'tooltips' written.

Welcome :wave:  

2 hours ago, K1NG5LAYER said:

Hey there everyone. I’ve been vaping for quite a long time now. I switched to nic salts and low wattage pod kits because of their effectiveness, and discreet portability. Been using the Lost Vape Orion since October and absolutely love it.

When I first got it, I installed Escribe on my MacBook, plugged the device in, and started messing with the software. It was a foreign language to me. I set a few things that I kinda felt comfortable with and having been vaping just fine with my Orion device. 

Ive tried multiple times since, to plug it back into my computer to play around with the escribe settings again. Now- it will not connect. It says “please plug in the device” although it is plugged in, with the light illuminated on the device. I’ve tried a bunch of cords to no avail. Any advice?

Also is there somewhere on this Forum, perhaps an old post explaining the escribe software to extreme newbies? Any type of info will help and be appreciated. I don’t want to bother you DNA vets with rookie questions, but I honestly have no idea how to use this software correctly. Thank you so much all for taking the time. 

I’ll try to come up with a few specific questions during the day, and check back later. Again- thanks so much! Take care. 

have you tried connecting through a different USB port on your computer or external drive. that works for me if just unp[lugging and reconnecting doesn't do it.

escribe tutorials for the Mac are were not great last I looked

just work on your confidence in getting ecigstats to upload when you connect.

Take time to know the device monitor.  There you can watch as things change during a puff if your device is connected. You can make changes to the settings while it is linked on screen or with the push of a button.

Over time, you will see your puff records grow and your bell curve of use. I just reviewed 18 months of mine and can't explain why a few days here or there really spiked with 2x my normal day, but overall, my usage has dropped by 1/3 and evolv even has a banner creation tool from ecigstats that offers you insight like this :

2,328 cigarettes replaced

$1,396.56 spent elsewhere 

Enjoy  the ability to change device settings with theme scribes theme designers.

I have increased the spread between high low and medium to about 12 watts.  You can even add a fourth tier to that if you wish.

You can set the boost level for your vape to your liking. Personally I try not to go over 22-24  watts with the 0.25 ohm pods. 

You might enjoy some of lost vapes other mods too. The dna family of chips are exceptional and we are very fortunate for the things evolv has brought to this industry like temperature control and replay (I hope you are using that feature... its a good thing).  Most of all, enjoy this hobby and the pleasures it brings you.

Edited by mrphilip

9 hours ago, Wayneo said:

For the Mac issue, I'd suggest you check you're running the latest versions of software and firmware. Link in my sig.

You might wanna try a few different cables if it's not connecting. Some cables are charging only.

Search works, and if you hit that magnifying glass, more options appear. djlsb has many YT videos, but they're like an hour long. The GO chip has much fewer customizations than the full blown chip. Many fields have little 'tooltips' written.

Welcome :wave:  

Thanks for the info. I just tried the 17 version that is recommended and the 19 which I believe is the current software. Neither are reading my device, when I plug the Orion in. The light is on and it is charging, but it says "connect a device". Tried several different USB cords. Nothing. The included screen shot is what I am seeing. Device is plugged in and charging. Thank you!!

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 6.45.40 PM.png

.....first let me thank you for all of the info and support. I pulled out every single USB cord I could find. A total of 11. Tried every one, switching between my 2 USB ports. The last cord, which is a super long 6ft cord I never use, worked and my device connected instantly. So after downloading every software update, in every language, using 3 different computers and 11 different cords; I win. 

Very excited to try this out finally. Thank you very much. I really appreciate the time.