DNA GO Not Recognized by Computer

loonyman84

Hi everyone!

I am currently having an issue with my Orion Vape with the DNA GO chip inside! When I first received the vape it would make a ding on my computer and then now it won't, making me feel like it isn't being detected by my computer. Therefore I cannot use the Escirbe to adjust my vape. Please let me know any solutions as it may be a software problem with Escribe, or something with the software in my USBs. Any input would help, Thank you!

Making a noise is not the proper way to check if the device is recognized or not.

Open Escribe and see if the device is recognized/connected or not !

If not, then check:

a) the USB cable (try another one)

b) the USB Port (try another one)

c) if you use WIN OS, try to reboot and then try a) and b) again !

Tho help you further if all fails, it would be nice to know your OS (WIN, MAC, Linux,...) and if you get any kind of message/error...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 1:38 AM, loonyman84 said:

Hi everyone!

I am currently having an issue with my Orion Vape with the DNA GO chip inside! When I first received the vape it would make a ding on my computer and then now it won't, making me feel like it isn't being detected by my computer. Therefore I cannot use the Escirbe to adjust my vape. Please let me know any solutions as it may be a software problem with Escribe, or something with the software in my USBs. Any input would help, Thank you!

Lanzarotechris' advice is sound.

I have issues with one usb port on my computer all the time. It will charge but not recognize through it. If I place my external hard drive in that port, it ejects and reconnects every few minutes.

My 2nd port works great and likely its that the 1st port has had more things plugged & unplugged over the years causing some wear & tear. 

Edited by mrphilip

Some general USB tips...

1) USB can be finicky every once in a while. Sometimes 'stuff just happens'.

2) The USB port, or the cable may have shorted out. BEFORE you just start swapping ports, test the port with something cheap, like an old mouse or keyboard that you know worked before. Don't fry your $1100 dollar Galaxy S10+ / iPhone Xs Max / external hard drives with your priceless data by using them to test out a port or cable that stopped working.

3) The device may have a bad / shorted out USB port. Try a different cable, and try using a USB hub in between the PC and the problem device.

4) The device you are trying to use may have a conflict with another device on another USB port. Maybe the ports don't have enough power to run everything you have connected to it. Maybe Device A  (the Orion) doesn't like Device B because B draws too much power and does not leave enough for A to properly connect to the operating system. Try unplugging non-essential devices and see if your device works now. Then try swapping devices / ports.

5) Use the cable that came with the device at first, then get some good cables, and use shorter ones if possible. Monoprice sells good cables at good prices, though shipping isn't cheap.. Anker cables are good if you are an Amazon shopper. Amazon Basics cables are OK but not great.

6) It's possible that a Windows / MacOS update screwed something up. See if you can update your drivers.

7) On my PC I have an older external hard drive that only works when plugged directly into the PC. I also have a 4 other external drives, my Corsair RGB keyboard (with two USB cables) and my Logitech mouse all plugged into one USB hub, which is plugged into one USB port on the PC. Weird things happen.

Let us know if you got it working or not, and let us know what kind of computer you have. Hope this helps.