Room Temperature @ 110F

techbearus

On my DNA Go, I haven't been having much luck liking the vape on either .5 or .25 pods. It just feels like they have a low ramp up and eventually burn out as I am forced to take longer pulls.

Just checked in the Atomizer Analyzer and noticed that the Room Temperature is at 110F, which is completely way off (actual room temp is 70F). I am wondering if this is an issue and maybe causing poor performance.

I tried to do hard reset, reboot and soft reboot, but nothing seems to make this temperature go down. 

Even in the Device monitor the Board temperature is constant around ~122F

Anyone who can chime in and let me know what can I do about this.

image.thumb.png.fa2afb566a99bd389132cfd61281c0eb.png

I was honestly also having issues with both .5 and .25 pods burning out fast. I changed my power boost setting all down to 0, and the warmth setting down to 1, and have had a much longer life on my pods. I even lowered the wattage a little for each pod setting. It has mad a big difference in the life of  my pods. I use a higher salt nic so I still get a good hit and flavor, I am not too concerned about vapor production. But as far as the room temp I have no explanation for this, but I thought I'd let you know what helped me with helping with longevity of pods. :thumb:

11 hours ago, RyBread0808 said:

I was honestly also having issues with both .5 and .25 pods burning out fast. I changed my power boost setting all down to 0, and the warmth setting down to 1, and have had a much longer life on my pods. I even lowered the wattage a little for each pod setting. It has mad a big difference in the life of  my pods. I use a higher salt nic so I still get a good hit and flavor, I am not too concerned about vapor production. But as far as the room temp I have no explanation for this, but I thought I'd let you know what helped me with helping with longevity of pods. :thumb:

Thank you for the response. I will definitely try out your suggestions.

Also just to confirm do you also see similar temperature readings for your mod in Escribe. Just wondering if mine is an isolated incident and maybe submit a ticket to Evolv.

Seeing Room Temperature in Atomizer Analyzer is probably just an artifact/holdover from the more capable boards. It's a pod focused board with Replay.
Replay is NOT TC so an accurate room temp is not necessary. Room temp is not even shown in Device Monitor.
Boost will certainly decrease the ramp up time for your pod, possibly to the detrement of pod life.
You're certainly fine if you want to submit a ticket to Evolv, but I think your mod is fine. Let us know if you get a different answer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Seeing Room Temperature in Atomizer Analyzer is probably just an artifact/holdover from the more capable boards. It's a pod focused board with Replay.
Replay is NOT TC so an accurate room temp is not necessary. Room temp is not even shown in Device Monitor.
Boost will certainly decrease the ramp up time for your pod, possibly to the detrement of pod life.
You're certainly fine if you want to submit a ticket to Evolv, but I think your mod is fine. Let us know if you get a different answer.

Makes a lot of sense. I realize that Go board is resistance based instead of temperature in Replay. Thank you for your insights. 

Hey @techbearus Now I actually have a thought/suggestion. Leave all your power settings the way they were, but increase the Max resistance value to 0.73 or 0.74

I don't own an Orion so I'm not sure if the 'Max' refers to the starting cold resistance, or the max it will allow the coil to reach. Lemme know if I'm a quack. Fingers crossed for you.