Paranormal 250C- High Resistance Readings

GHammer

I have a Paranormal 250C that reads coils too high.
I have other 'C' chipped mods and my buildbox that all agree the coils are 0.145
On the Paranormal, they read 0.17-0.21

That isn't good for vaping in Replay mode. I have sent the mod in for RMA service because of this once already and a new board was installed as it was not recognized in EScribe when it returned.
Worked fine for a couple of weeks and back to the high readings.

Ideas?

That is, other devices show 0.145 on your atomizer? or is it a calculated value? I advise you to check the connection of wires to the connector, or clean the threads of the connector and atomizer. You also need to firmly hold the screws on the atomizer; a loose connection may make amendments to the resistance. but I would refer this difference to dirty threads and a connector.

23 hours ago, Gavnaf said:

That is, other devices show 0.145 on your atomizer? or is it a calculated value? I advise you to check the connection of wires to the connector, or clean the threads of the connector and atomizer. You also need to firmly hold the screws on the atomizer; a loose connection may make amendments to the resistance. but I would refer this difference to dirty threads and a connector.

Yes, other devices all have show the same resistance for the tanks.

I suppose it could be dirty connector, but I have used iso alcohol to clean the 510 connector and also made certain the pin is floating.

I have a Paranormal DNA 250 C as well and the ohms resistance is very accurate on it. There are a few things you can do to make sure first that it is the Paranormal and not the RTA RBA or whatever you are using to vape with. You will need to open Escripe and under the menu Options/User Interface for this setting you will need to set it to Manufacturer after doing this you will see a second set of tabs just below. Click onto the Electrical tab and at the bottom you will see mode resistance. The setting there (if your mod has been calibrated correctly should be set to 0.004. If not then set it to 0.004 and then upload the new settings to your Paranormal DNA 250C. If is already set to 0.004 then I would suggest you clean your 510 pin and 510 threads and and see if that doesn't work. I own a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250C and a Lost Vape Therion DNA 75C and both are very accurate reading the ohms resistance. Lost Vape has a very good warranty on both Mods through Evolv if this does not work you can contact Evolv and tell them about your problem and they might some suggestions or they might want you to send it to them so they can fix it. If the mod resistance is not set right then this would be the most likely problem. Maybe it was missed in the setup process.

• Thanks 2

A few months ago there was a web site that sold a pure copper calibration tool for DNA mods. there address link is here ->

https://smokefreemods.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6619269   However the web site is closed for non payment and has been suspended for quite a while now. The URL to the site incase it open again isabove. I actually used one to calibrate an HCigar DNA 75 mod. Here is a YouTube video that shows you how to calibrate the internal resistance if you can find one somewhere else. It needs to be pure copper. Here is the url to the video:  

• Thanks 2

Thanks, I do have the copper from Smoke Free Mods.

Haven't used it since the VT166.

I have wiped/cleaned the 510 threads and pin.

Again, this is the only device the tanks read weird on. And, the resistance is variable on this mod.

Kinda disappointing as it made a trip to Evolv and returned with a new chip (I guess since it wasn't recognized by EScribe) but same problem as I sent it in.

Could it be a 510 issue, a wiring issue, a grounding issue, or connectivity issue between the atty and 510 connector causing the resistance issue.... not necessarily a board issue.... Evolv makes the board but not the device and they replaced the board so you might look elsewhere... 

Hmmm, I thought I posted a reply yesterday.

I used the copper plug, tighten/loosen 10-12 times. Each time the resistance got a bit better.

Finally, it was stable at 0.008 and that is what I used for mod resistance.

The Paranormal is vaping fine now and has been since yesterday.

But yes, I have the idea that Evolv is only responsible for the board and not the rest of the components. Perhaps I was thinking because I opened a ticket for this, got an RMA, got the mod serviced by Evolv who, I guess replaced the board, then a few weeks later have the exact same issue, maybe it was the board. Not being completely sure and not wanting to send the mod off again is why I asked. Since I has eliminated the tanks as the source, that left the mod. I cleaned, tightened, etc. Looks like only the much longer threading of the plug was going to free whatever it freed.

That I could use the copper plug to exercise the 510 and get it back in service was great, glad I happened to have one.

Edited by ShowerHead
Clarity