CNC custom box mod

ct33

Hello, I'm new here.  While waiting for some material last week I had some time to play around, found the 3d model of the DNA 200 reference assembly and machined it aside from a few drilled holes and the USB hole.   Now I'm considering offering a custom box mod with some fancy penblank acrylic inlays and engraving, after a quick jaunt in a vibratory tumbler with some polishing media to hide the gross tool marks, of course.

So I guess my question is, is it a supported process to attach a separate button to the board for firing the device, or is the box mod manufacturer expected to mechanically press the fire button (and others) ?

Is it possible to power it with rechargeable batteries instead of the battery packs?  What about non-rechargeable batteries like AA?  Any other words of wisdom of encouragement?

reference assembly side1.jpg

DNA 200 ref assembly2.jpg

Here is a link to the DNA200 data sheet.....

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna200.pdf

There is much information for you in the data sheet....  

You can fire the device with an external (off board) fire button....

Only use batteries powerful enough for the device.... AA batteries no good.... rechargeable only..... there are many posts on this forum about batteries....  

• Like 1

What you appear to have there is known as an Evolv Reference Model, the case used by Evolv when beta testing the DNA200.  It is designed to take an 800-1000mah, 3S, LiPO pack.  As retird said, AA batteries will not work and can be hazardous to try.  While a DNA75 runs on a single LiPo battery, 3.7 volts nominal, the current demand is far in excess of what a AA battery can supply.

• Like 1