Reactor Mod (Thanks Frogmod!)

KnHawke

Been lurking anonymously around here for some time and then I across @Frogmod's awesome designs on Shapeways through here.

Long story short: Been wanting a DNA250C for quite some time, but ALL of the purchasable models available (Triade, Finder, etc)  fell short of my criteria: All Day at 100 watt, No LiPO.

I'll be honest, Lipos scare the crap out of me. Yeah, I know that the DNA chip itself treats them with kid gloves with its built in charger (Love the fact that it has a Built In Balancer, and it SHUTS OFF after it is done equalizing everything) but the idea of have a half kilo or so of Thermite in my house... Nope... NUh-Uh!

So I stumbled on Frog's quad 21700 Battery sled, I messaged him, we then hashed out of design criteria and some weeks later we came up with that large-ISH Monster that ya see below :)

Loaded up with 4 Samsung 40Ts and a Varitube V2 30mm 510 Deck, what a beast, I can suck down 4-5 5ml tanks at 95 watts with the Punch @11 and I only crack past 65% all day :D

20180818_193840[1].jpg

20180820_162455[1].jpg

20180820_162508[1].jpg

20180820_162514[1].jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Was wondering what the Nuclear model would look like... I've got my eye on the universal 2x21700 squonker they have up. That will likely be the enclosure I use to build my first device.

Not trying to knock on you or anything but I can run my paranormal 250c for slightly over a day at 100-105 watts with my Sony VTC5a and VTC5d(vapecell re-wraps)... But more power to ya! Building a mod had got to be much more satisfying than buying one anyway.

What how long is the battery life on your device?

The battery life is extreme thanks to the Samsung 40Ts, and you're right! Building it was the most satisfying thing ever, especially, at the time, there was nothing that fit my needs :)

At 95 watts, Boost on, and the Punch at 9 or 10, I would get almost 2 days out of a full charge, and this is while I was sucking down about 30-35+ ml's a day :P (thankfully, my building skills has since improved and I increased my MGs to compensate! lol)

But, thanks to some mechanical failures (using WAY to heavy gauge wire for one, for all the lengths in there, 18ga Stranded would have been more than suffice), the Nuke is out of commission and I have moved onto Squonking.  Namely the Flask Body type that Calavera Mods has crafted really caught my eye!