Atomizer Analyzer shows "?"

DkPatriots

Good morning everyone! I'm doing my first custom build and had a question. 

I soldered GND and OUT to the top of my DNA250C and I wanted to check my joints, so I connected the board to my computer via USB and opened eScribe. I then opened the Atomizer Analyzer and it says "?". I tried shorting the ends of the GND and OUT wires to measure the internal resistance and it still shows "?". I then took a loop of 26awg SS316L and connected that to the top of the GND and OUT wires and still get "?" in the Atomizer Analyzer. Does the analyzer not work without batteries connected? I know the screen will not turn on without batteries connected, so maybe I need batteries for this as well? I did wire up my battery sled, but I haven't connected it to the board it. I wanted to check each step as I went along to make troubleshooting any issues that come up easier, so currently I'm "stuck" with a wired up battery sled (not connected to the board), and a wired up GND and OUT at the top of the board. 

Does anyone know what this "?" in the Atomizer Analyzer means? Are my GND and OUT are shorted (they certainly don't look shorted to the naked eye)? Do I need to connect my battery sled before testing my GND and OUT in the Atomizer Analyzer?

Thank you!

As @dwcraig1 said..... also.....

Here is the Datasheet for the 250C....  Wiring depends on how many batteries you will use.  You must go to EScribe and set the battery settings accordingly and wire the balancing connector accordingly.  Complete all wiring and settings in EScribe and upload settings to the board/device.  Then do any troubleshooting...

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250color.pdf

• Like 1

@dwcraig1 - Thanks for testing this on your mod! It may be a 200 instead of a 250C, but it makes me feel better knowing it didn't work on that board.

@retird - I have set the mod to 2 Cell in eScribe already. I will connect the battery sled and terminals (B+ and B-) and the charging circuit (G,1,2,3,4) then put in the batteries to do my testing. I was hoping to be able to do some testing before that, but it isn't a big deal to connect the battery sled and charging circuit before the testing. Thanks

• Like 1