Temp Control and coil material

BeastLee

So any advice on temp control for this mod? links welcome. I assume you set a limit for a certain wattage and once it reaches that temp it stops firing? Also whats a good setting for Quartz and ceramic coils just trying to not break them so I would like to use the temp controls and of course going for high temps?

16 hours ago, BeastLee said:

So any advice on temp control for this mod? links welcome. I assume you set a limit for a certain wattage and once it reaches that temp it stops firing? Also whats a good setting for Quartz and ceramic coils just trying to not break them so I would like to use the temp controls and of course going for high temps?

Temp control doesnt work by stopping firing it automatically adjusts the watts up or down to hold the wire at the set temp.  When you set temp control you need to know TCR of the wire type and even ceramic coils will have wire in them for example vaporesso ccell ceramic has stainless steel wire and the joyetech Riftcore ceramic uses tungsten wire, once you know the wire type ypu can get the TCR from steam engine and add it to you mod via escribe if it isnt there.

The easiest way to use and protect your coils on a DNA 250c mod is use replay there is no need to know wire type or TCR as long as it is a wire you can use for temp control replay will work, just set your watts and save puff

Here is a list of a few that have been tested with replay

https://forum.evolvapor.com/forum/42-replay-and-atomizers/