Strange screen issue

darkrover

Hi guys,

I just got my first DNA75 color device this morning (I have a couple of DNA200s already) and I think I have an issue with the display. It seems that the viewing angle on my device is terrible. Does this look like a display/cable issue or is it more likely to be board related? I can change the screen myself if you think that's the issue. I don't want to send the mod back to the shop as shipping is expensive (21 pounds) and the guys at the shop are not the fastest out there... Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. On the images you can see the same screen shot from different angles.

IMG_20180629_2149121.jpg

IMG_20180629_2149147.jpg

Don't know which device you purchased..... it may just be Theme Related..... these color screens are more position sensitive .... orientation of viewing angle can give different visual results.... and the background color can be different depending on the theme design...

You might save (backup) the Theme and/or the ecig file and then upload a different theme and see how that goes... if you understand how to do that.... lots of themes to try are in the download section of this forum...

I already tried a few themes, and ended up using the one from Paranormal. The same issue existed on all themes. You can see how the white color looks black if you change the angle. The real colors are only visible if I'm looking from the top of the screen. Even when looking at the screen at 90 degrees the colors are way off.

The device is Rebel Vape, 21700/20700 single battery, non squonker.

hum, then maybe the screen, maybe the connection where  the screen ribbon attaches at the board, or maybe the board......  best guesses by not being able to troubleshoot it in person....

Just got your device today.... maybe contact vendor (warranty for DOA) and see if they would foot the bill for shipping since you got it "Dead on Arrival".....  worth a try...

Best option... Seller replace as DOA

1. Do a "soft" and "hard boot" with EScribe.... doubt this will fix it...

2. Open device (voids device warranty) and check the connection where the ribbon hooks to the board.  If not properly set it can cause issues.... also check for a cracked glass on the screen...

3. Make sure the screen ribbon is not being pinched when the fire button is pushed.... ribbon could be damaged.

4. Possible board issue..... board has 1 year warranty from Evolv....

Good luck...

Thanks @retird I think it's the screen ribbon, it's very close to the fire button and it seems a bit squished. Here is another image of a popular theme that's not looking good on my mod. You can also see how if I shoot at an angle (from the top) it gets better and the text is readable.

IMG_20180629_2330439.jpg

IMG_20180629_2332347.jpg