Connecting to Escribe

The only time the device is off is when there are no batteries in it... it does "go to sleep" however to conserve  battery.  When connected to EScribe the configuration files are downloaded into EScribe  so you can see, or change many things and then upload the configuration file back to the device.  

What do you mean by "clear the chip"?  When you connect the device to EScribe nothing is erased,or changed.

Here is a link to YouTube which gives one tutorial for EScribe (  the 75C  and 250C basically work the same) ..... you can search YouTube for "EScribe" and find many more..

Appreciated mate,  You answered what I wanted,  I was worried that escribe may erase all the files once connected " clear the chip " I wanted to have a look with my device connected without having a major drama,  Don't need that at my age,  Thanks again for your reply to my question,  I don't have a problem and was just curious,  Maybe change the theme in the future once I get the courage,  Oh and thanks for the links - Cheers Bill