Mirage battery consumption really bad

jarixx

Hi all,

I have a problem with my mirage and dont know how to fix it. Running 18650 cells, LG HG2 and sony VTC6 and samsung 25r. No matter what battery I use the battery life sucks and when it drops below 50% it jumps down to like 3% and/or I get weak battery. I easily drains the battery after some hours vaping. The fun part is that I use the exact same batteries in my other mods without any problems and can have the same battery for the day out with the same wattage and atomizers. I usually are about 0.3 to 0.5 ohms and around 45w. I updated the battery .csv to one for LG HG2 but the only change now is that when the precentage reach 50 it doesent drop to like 2-3% but I still get 'weak battery' and the drainage is the same. I hope I make some sense. Is the dna chip really that power hungry?

Oh, and on the sidenote; I cannot charge a drained battery at all through the usb, however it does not matter since I have an external charger but anyway it feels like something is wrong with the chip/firmware settings or cell type and I do not know what to look for. 

Edited by jarixx

My cutoff is at 2.6 and yes sometimes i do have sag especially when the battery drops below 60% and totally useless after 50%. I do not know the voltage but dna says like 2 or 3% percent and the light comes on at first then stops and no charging. It seems too charge though if the battery is not 'drained'

I'm using an LG HG2 on the Lost Vape Mirage without any issues.

Sounds like something might be wrong with the battery, how old it is? Getting a weak battery warning at 50% means that the battery sag is too big at that point and you are trying to push the battery too much, as such it can't deliver the requested power. Are you getting the same warning on say 25 watts? And are you sure the other mods are delivering the wattage they are saying?

And very important, have you tried another battery inside the mod? The fact that it doesn't charge is extremely strange, and might mean either there is a fault with the specific board, or the battery is dying. As far as I know the on-board charger on the board doesn't have charging for batteries that have fallen too low in voltage (0v charge) so that's why it might be charging on the external one.

2.6 volts seems extremely low to me, especially for vaping and ESPECIALLY on the LG HG2 which has a big internal resistance from which you are trying to push 45 watts. What were the manufacturer and Mooch's specifications on those? I remember something around 3 volts, and I keep mine at 3.2 volts cutoff to prolong the cycle-life of the battery.

Edited by engmia

The LG are new and good I think. No matter I get the same results with my VTC6 and samsung. I have changed the battery cutoff to 3,2 as to your recommendation. I just get the the feeling that it is too technical and that something is set to the wrong values. I just want it somewhat generic and plug n play. I also put the dischatge to max 15a since I never use more than that, dunno if that makes any difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...