Jac Vapor Series-b DNA75 Temprature control off?

Kilz

Mod - Jac Vapor Series-B DNA75
Coil materials 304 and 316l have been tried, same result.
Restting Device to factory has been tried.

I have a mod that I dont think is working in TC mode.  I cant see the temp in the device monitor. It also has the Power screen and not the TC one. I was using the Linux escribe software newest version, but changed  to a  Windows 10 computer and reinstalled Escribe to rule it out, then rest the device. I have tried multiple atty's. Pressing the button while in the profile with Temprature dominate the temp changes to OFF. I hope its just stupid user error.

profile1.jpg

device.jpg

interface.jpg

Edited by Kilz
add info

8 hours ago, Kilz said:

Yep, I upgraded it after wiping. It sat for a little bit and now its back doing the same thing as my original post.

Are you sure you are using the correct profile for TC?

According to your original post that bottom value on your display should show 304 (profile 1), and the temp you set as the largest numbers(temp coil running), yet your Device Monitor shows you're using Profile 7

The screenshots are from different times, and I made all the profiles the same to rule that out early on. It seems to be intermittent. I had TC working before I went to bed, woke up and it wasnt with no changes to the settings.

Edited by Kilz

I remembered I had a spool of Titanium from before I started using SS. I thought it would be a good idea to eliminate the material as a possible source of the problem. So I setup a Ti  profile and so far its working perfectly. The real test though will be overnight and a few days to see if the problem has really gone away since its intermittent.

Its been a couple of days with Ti wire and the mod is working perfectly, which points to a materials problem with SS. I have done some more searching including SS in the search and it seems its happened before. This reddit post discusses a solution of replacing the stock materials file.   I am going to try it eventually, but the Ti coil is working well in my Serpent Alto and Im just going to leave it be until I need to replace it. I will post again on the the proposed solution when I try it.

Edited by Kilz