Lipo questions

Guy Nicolson

I have a couple of questions regarding Lipo pack settings for my DNA250C mod 

I have calculated that the Turnigy nano-tech 2200 mAh 4s lipo which states 25c constant  50c burst as  2200*25 /1000= 55amps and 80% of that =  44amps  

I'm using 45 amps for my max sustained output current and 55amps for Max peak current

Is this too cautious? 

Max peak input and max sustained input I would like advice on what to set these as well please

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 21.07.20.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 21.07.32.png

I know this doesn't really help you out with determining what peak/sustained input current values to use but have you seen Battery Mooch's tests of Lipo battery packs? According to him most packs are SEVERELY overrated by the manufacturer in terms of their C rating. I would leave the output current values at Evolv's default (65).  Since it's a buck only topology, you'll never be asking for more than 32 amps from the lipo.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

If i were you, i would leave the default values and watch how much voltage sag you see in Device Monitor firing a load at a high wattage. If there's lots of sag, start whittling down the peak and sustained current input values until the sag becomes less and less severe. However, lowering these input current values will reduce the power output of the device, as i'm sure you're well aware. Does this make sense? It does to me but my mind works in a weird way :injured:

• Like 2