Help & Advice Please

Bob R

I am loving my Paranormal DNA 250C and can't wait to upgrade my Therion BF 75C but I have a problem. I have vaped in TC mode for a long time and normally like to run about 70 - 90W with a temp setting of 420F.

In replay mode when first dripping the vape is way too hot and scalds my mouth and when checking diagnostics with a wattage set @ 65W it shows the temp is set for 450F.

I am running 0.12 Ohm dual SS 316L Staggered Fused Clapton coils, 6 wraps in a 2.5 mm ID format with Kendo Gold wicks vaping Glas PBLS juice on a Pulse 24 RDA

I have gone to the SS 316 screen and lowered the temp for that wire type to 420F and now have upped the wattage to 80W in replay and am getting a warm comfortable great hit. Loads of Clouds and First Class Flavour.

However the diagnostics still shows the 'Replay' Temp at 450F. Am i doing something wrong or is it a bug in the software? as in title any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and keep 'Replaying' over and over........

I spent over a week fighting replay because I was using something other than a simple round wire build (I never do that, do you?)

As soon as I did a simple build it worked.  You should try that or a tank on the 'approved' list.  I used a Uwell Crown with SS coils for the easy test.

Good luck and please update with what you find.

Simple builds and RTA's don't give me a great flavour so I tend to use complex with RDA's.

Replay seems to be working with the exception of the first couple of hit when you have dripped,  after 3-4 pulls it settles down and is great but you can change wattage but not select a Max Temp for that vape.

I will keep trying though but am using up juice like nobody's business (LoL).

6 hours ago, Bob R said:

Simple builds and RTA's don't give me a great flavour so I tend to use complex with RDA's.

Replay seems to be working with the exception of the first couple of hit when you have dripped,  after 3-4 pulls it settles down and is great but you can change wattage but not select a Max Temp for that vape.

I will keep trying though but am using up juice like nobody's business (LoL).

the way it was explained to me was that after you drip the coil cools down so your first few hits will be hitting harder until it reaches the recorded temp.  this is juts what i was told...  ive been wondering about this as well and the only other thing i an think of is the "Replay Warmth".  i have too look into that more before i mess with it and lower it a bit.

17 hours ago, iambyrdman said:

I spent over a week fighting replay because I was using something other than a simple round wire build (I never do that, do you?)

As soon as I did a simple build it worked.  You should try that or a tank on the 'approved' list.  I used a Uwell Crown with SS coils for the easy test.

Good luck and please update with what you find.

If you watch the DslV video the guy from Evolv states ' he is using a SS316L Clapton which did not work well in T/C but is working perfect in Replay'

My Replay settings.  It has ran everything amazingly.

General Tab

Boost: On 5

Warmth: 5

Material: Watts

Mod Tab

Replay: Allow Dubious coils 

I will typically guess about were my build should run wattage wise. My first puff is normally a little cool(that first puff should be slightly cool) but as heat builds up the 2-4 puff will be amazing.  Then click save puff.  And the device will make any necessary adjusts to recreate that puff.

Have used this with SS, TI, NIFE 30.

My normal go to build is dual SS fused clapton's(24awg cores 34awg wrap) 6 wrap 3.5mm center OHMing in at about 0.9ish. Running about 120watts with the above replay settings.

40 minutes ago, Ken Nutter said:

My Replay settings.  It has ran everything amazingly.

General Tab

Boost: On 5

Warmth: 5

Material: Watts

Mod Tab

Replay: Allow Dubious coils 

I will typically guess about were my build should run wattage wise. My first puff is normally a little cool(that first puff should be slightly cool) but as heat builds up the 2-4 puff will be amazing.  Then click save puff.  And the device will make any necessary adjusts to recreate that puff.

Have used this with SS, TI, NIFE 30.

My normal go to build is dual SS fused clapton's(24awg cores 34awg wrap) 6 wrap 3.5mm center OHMing in at about 0.9ish. Running about 120watts with the above replay settings.

On 4/12/2018 at 12:05 AM, AnytimeR said:

It’s definately in the help tab and then backups... it will display a list of downloads and uploads.

When you connect initially it should download a copy, or you can hit download the settings to save a copy before changes are made. Then after changes, upload settings, and it should save a copy too. 

Be aware with simply the the default reset button it may restore settings but for wrong configuration (3s, 4s). You will know this as suddenly your battery percentage is way way down.  I just use the help tab then backup list.

Some of the Fralien coils I made for the replay mode... full SS316L and vaping beautifully! :)

5A511A80-E009-419F-BA9E-4CEDB4286C38.jpeg

B1DE4D36-AE4E-4515-97E8-0AC7DACC7479.jpeg

• Like 1

Bottom line is coil stability is required for Replay to work!!!

But, check out this crazy coil I got to work.  I think it's more stable because of the straight wire wrapped with the ribbon.  The straight wire is preventing the others from flexing from the heat n cool down.

This is on a Rafale X Rda that has the neutral center pin that I think is pretty cool to cut the Ohms of a dual build in half or double, whatever.  You know what I mean... It's the only othe RDA I have without a squonk pin! But it works in Replay...  0.33 Ohms