Screen brightness / outdoor visibility

Juvenile43

I remember reading about the 75c seeing people saying they had no problem seeing the screen in sunlight. My finder 250c on the other hand seems very dark. I can see it indoors great but almost unreadable when outdoors. Screen brightness is full under settings. Am i missing something, is something wrong with mine, or is this typical.

4 hours ago, Juvenile43 said:

I remember reading about the 75c seeing people saying they had no problem seeing the screen in sunlight. My finder 250c on the other hand seems very dark. I can see it indoors great but almost unreadable when outdoors. Screen brightness is full under settings. Am i missing something, is something wrong with mine, or is this typical.

From the looks of that mod, it looks like there is a film/window over the screen to protect it from getting scratched. If so, that could explain the issue you’re having, especially if that window is tinted. My Paranormal 250c does not have the issue you’re having, and is clearly visible outside. 

23 minutes ago, Neilshaw1980 said:

I have the finder as well as the paranormal, and I can confirm it's because the finder has the protective window over the screen, I don't think it's because it's tinted, it's more because this window is extremely glossy which makes it harder to see in the sunlight 

Is this window a screen protector to peel off? or the case itself has a build in window.

• 2 weeks later...

So I compared the Finder 250C with my friends Paranormal 250C big difference in screen brightness. On the Finder there is a built in screen/window in the casing which causing some type of tinting. On the Paranormal there is no screen just the opening with the chip screen. So much brighter. I wonder if I take apart the finder if there is anyway to remove that window.... During the day in the sun even at max brightness it can be hard to read.

If someone sends me a Finder 250C I will tell you for sure how to fix it.  I don't usually get what I do not ask for so, send me a free mod so I can help direct and I will for sure!  I do this stuff on a daily, homes and 3*businesses owner is my source.

Looking at Pictures, the outside window looks larger than a stock screen so I would worry about the gap left if it is removed (and how far back it is) but I can fix that.  Just need one in hand to figure out the physics

I think I have some modification pictures on Instagram some time back...

https://www.instagram.com/winstonbyrd/

Edited by iambyrdman

It's easy to remove, lay the mod screen down, preferably on a cloth or something, take the door and the batteries out, and there are 4 tiny torx screws, take those out and then lift the mod up, the faceplate will stay on the cloth and can just push the screen cover out from the backside, it's actually glued and mounted on the front but just found it easier to remove the faceplate, you will have to clean some glue from the edge of the screen area afterwards. I just used a paper towel and nail polish remover, I do have the silver version so I wasn't too worried with the nail polish remover. If you have one of the painted one's use it at your own risk. And make sure the screen isn't tilted before you reassemble, I had to do it twice lol.

I am saving my screen cover, I am going to buy some plastic and try and make a clear one to replace with. if someone would make these I can see them making a good bit on them, it is a huge difference without the tint.

Edited by mjames74