DNA75C - Is 75W a hard limit ?

ruckus

I was just taking a look at the DNA75C spec sheet and noticed the continuous current rating is 30A... if I configure and raise the board power limit in escribe to say 100W's for example -             as long as I stay under 30A limit (I'm running parallel 20700's - well within the battery limits) is there any risk frying the board trying to reach this wattage ?

Theoretically the board could generate >75W's.. My current coil I have installed in my RDA is 0.12, if I raise the wattage up to 100W's I would be generating 28.86A's...

Is there any additional protection to prevent the board from frying if I ever changed coils and/or resistance changes? Or is the 75W restriction considered the protection ?

I think slightly more power would be handy for replay mode when ever that drops.. looking forward to hearing other's thoughts.

Edited by ruckus

There are so many safeties, not known to the average DNA user, your risk of frying the board is about 5% or less, regardless of the capabilities of the cells you're using. You're good to go. I have have 2 Sanyo 20700B cells (15 amp ones) in parallel with my DNA 75C and have not run into any issues running the board at max wattage and pre-heat.

• Like 1

If your device's battery wiring and batteries can handle 30A input, there is no problem. The board will limit input current (from the battery) based on the settings in the Mod -> Battery tab.

If your device's 510 and output wiring can handle 30A output, there is no problem. The board will limit output current (to the atomizer) based on the settings in the Mod -> Electrical tab.

Increasing the maximum output power on DNA 75 Color (International Edition) to 100W does not remove this protection, and heating of wiring is proportional to the square of the current going through it and is not wattage-dependent. So, as long as the device's batteries, input and output wiring can handle the current limits they were shipped with (as they should be), there is no problem increasing the max wattage of the output.

Increasing the maximum currents, *that* is something that should be checked over with a manufacturer. DNA 75 Color (International Edition) allows a Max Peak Input Current of 35A and a Max Sustained Input Current of 30A, and if a manufacturer's wiring, batteries, etc. are good enough to handle that, 100W can be made to work down to a lower battery percentage.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, James said:

If your device's battery wiring and batteries can handle 30A input, there is no problem. The board will limit input current (from the battery) based on the settings in the Mod -> Battery tab.

If your device's 510 and output wiring can handle 30A output, there is no problem. The board will limit output current (to the atomizer) based on the settings in the Mod -> Electrical tab.

Increasing the maximum output power on DNA 75 Color (International Edition) to 100W does not remove this protection, and heating of wiring is proportional to the square of the current going through it and is not wattage-dependent. So, as long as the device's batteries, input and output wiring can handle the current limits they were shipped with (as they should be), there is no problem increasing the max wattage of the output.

Increasing the maximum currents, *that* is something that should be checked over with a manufacturer. DNA 75 Color (International Edition) allows a Max Peak Input Current of 35A and a Max Sustained Input Current of 30A, and if a manufacturer's wiring, batteries, etc. are good enough to handle that, 100W can be made to work down to a lower battery percentage.

Thank you for the detailed response.. I've used 14 gauge silicone wire to the 510 so 30 amps shouldn't be a problem at all.

I have raised the max output power to 100W, although I've notice the new power limit is only available in the preheat wattage setting not via the coil power setting.. Is this the intended behavior ?