How will the FDA's "Crackdown" impact the 75C and/or 250C?

Maverickz

FDA Is About to Crack Down on Non-Compliant Vapes - Vaping360

Apparently the FDA is about to start cracking down on products that are being marketed and sold after the Aug 8, 2016 deadline. I was just wondering how this will impact the the 75C and 250C boards in the US, considering I don't think any mods using the 75C were made prior to that date and the 250C isn't really even out yet. Do we need to rush to "stock up" on our favorite DNA mods (like the HCigar VT75D)? Or was some wizardry involved to make these products grandfathered in?

I should add that I do know the boards themselves will not be impacted, due to Evolv being smart and creating a paper trail for their upcoming boards before the deadline. My question is more around the actual mods that use or will use these boards. Such as HCigar products, LostVapes products , etc.

My guess is that it will end up coming down to the board in the mod and not the mod itself. Manufactures will fight that since the board is exempt, their mod is merely an enclosure. Or we Will with have to go black market or build our own. Building is my preference anyway

I often thought about how the FDA would pursue a "made after Aug 2016" case. My guess is it would be very hard to prove whether a product was manufactured and marketed after the deadline date. How hard would it be to cook up a receipt  / paperwork stating a device was available on the market on or before Aug 8? Probably not hard at all. You're telling me all these YouTube reviewers coming out with RDA's / RTA's / Mod's etc., had these products soft launched on or before Aug 8? :idea::z;):angel::grimacing:

If (when) the worst happens, there will still be many "various" avenues to procure vape hardware related items. I do wonder what will be the fate of the thousands of U.S. eliquid manufacturer's. Even 0 mg nic juice is considered a "tobacco product". We need loop holes or a drastic change (cash, dump trucks full of cash) in the opinion of vaping, in the FDA's eyes. Otherwise, it's CLOSED SYSTEMS ONLY.