temp protect

Pur3impulse

hey guys, I'm new here, so be gentle, lol

I see an entire thread on this topic, but none of it actually addresses my issue.

I'm getting temp control message every time I hit the button. not get one hit, go for another, get the error because I'm already at temp.  nope,  completely cool mod/atty, temp protect error.  I've dropped wattage and temp to lowest possible setting and still getting it. I tried unscrewing my atty try just a hair to let heat transfer aa but, no luck.  went back to wattage mode and all is fine, but this is detrimental to me, as this mod was bought with the sole intent of temp control squonking on a reliable board.  so now I have a $120 mistake, considering my army disability is 20% ($269 a month)  this is  in fact VERY detrimental 

as a side note,  did not have this issue a single time with my Nixon v1.5 rdta, though I assume that's because there is a tank full of juice between the mod and the coil.

lastly, aren't I supposed to adjust the tcr for SS on dna mods?  for some reason I feel like I read that long ago

Welcome to the forum......

The Temp Protect message is not an error message normally.  It usually means you have reached the set temperature.  If you get this message immediately and get no vapor then you may have a coil with hot spots, or are using a contact coil instead of a spaced coil.  

DNA's have profiles and the profile can be set to SS wire and no tcr adjustment is needed to get at least some vapor.  Squonkers are a bit of a different animal.  You might build a new spaced coil and wick it.  Set up the profile for SS and set the wattage, temp, preheat, etc.  Clean the 510 connections of all juice.  Screw on atty and wet the wick/coil area with juice (do not squonk).  Try that and see what you get.  

Do you have EScribe?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem I think. When my vape has been sitting for a few minutes I go to hit it and it says temp control. If I hit check ohms my my ohms jump down to ..56and I barely get a hit. Then I press check ohms again and jump back up to .66 and I get a good hit.  I have a single ss316 fused Clapton in the dead rabbit rda. My watts are at 43 and temp is at 390. My coils are spaced and everything has been cleaned but this still happens? Any idea if this seems normal or if this can be fixed?