I know this isn't right...Therion 166 TC issues!

TorturedZen

All my builds are SS316L using a TCR of 92. Average ohms between 0.15 to 0.20. Coils are always cold/room temp. I usually set temps around 400-420, 60-70 watts no preheat. First couple of hits are excellent. Then TC kicks in, cuts the wattage and compromises my vape. No matter which atty I use or what build, it still hits TC way too soon. Tried lowering wattage, raising temp thresholds... same thing.

So now, when my Therion hits TC I'll remove the atty then quickly put it back on. It detects new resistance since the atty is still hot (usually only a 0.01-0.02 difference) asks if it's a new coil, so I tell it YES. (hope this is making sense so far). I then lock the new ohms detected and the vape goes back to normal, without TC kicking in.

I understand you shouldn't have to lock ohms unless the atty is wonky but all mine are solid and I've always double checked for loose leads etc. So what the hell am I doing wrong? Or not doing? And please don't say SS316L is a crap shoot. It works fine on other devices.

Thank!

Edited by TorturedZen

At only .01 - .02 rise in resistance from a cold coil to hot, it would seem that you are not getting enough of a rise in resistance. If the board doesn't see enough rise in resistance in the first second or so, it will drop out of TC. For instance, my current SS316L coil is .178 cold & rises to .210 - .211 after firing. Have you tried spacing your coils? What kind of atty? Can you post a screen shot of Device Monitor while firing, with the following fields checked...Power, Power Set, Temperature, Temperature Set, Cold Ohms & Live Ohms...

Capture.JPG

Edited by giz_60