Therion 75c charging batteries inside the mod

misaellarrieta

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 11:51 PM, misaellarrieta said:

I do own an external charger, however taking the batteries in and out of the therion 75c is a pain, so I would like to know if some of you charge your batteries inside the device and if anybody has had any negative experience by doing so

Once again i do charge my batteries externally, but i really wanted this therion

The Evolv DNA boards and their chargers are usually alright to charge internally. While you see advice against internal charging a lot online and in the community, most of that is because unfortunately not everyone has an Evolv DNA chip in their mod. Evolv put a lot into developing the internal balance charging for multiple batteries, and I believe they were the first to do it. Unless something's recently changed that I missed, it's the board you want to have if you're going to be charging internally.

So the DNA board you have is one of the only boards (or "chips") that I'd feel comfortable saying charge them internally and you'll be fine. It's been tested to be truly successful balance charging via USB. As long as lost vape hasn't modified something (and I don't think they have, I'm using a paranormal now, looks like Evolv USB port location.) you'll be fine charging internally via USB, although I'd use the same safety precautions as charging batteries in anything else.