Box Problems! Need Help!

TinyBeardedMan

I bought this box mod from someone who makes them on Facebook.  He seemed like a reputable person with a lot of positive feedback.  But a year has passed, I am having trouble with my box and I can't get ahold of him.  But here is my problem:  The only time my box works is when I plug it into a charger.  As soon as it is separated from the charger it shuts down.  Im on a Mac, so is there anyone who can help me? Its a DNA 200 chip attached to a 2200 Mah battery.

Edited by TinyBeardedMan

Thanks for that. It's showing every cell is completely dead. 0.00V. Hopefully a new battery would fix that from seeing such low puffs, but even so with my old barely used Lipo's, there was usually a glimmer of a volt in at least 1 cell.

I haven't seen a 'some nonsense' error, but the actual wording or screenshot could indicate bigger issues.

2 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

That's how it would read if balance connector was not plugged in as far as the individual cells, pack too I believe.

I believe so as well. Been there done that. LOL.

The balance connector is usually a small connector coming from the battery and usually attaches to the board/chip down by the USB port (on the opposite side of the USB plug)

• Like 1

See those thinner wires (Black/white/blue) are they plugged into the board in between the thick red and black coming from the battery? You might be able to lift out the battery carefully which has either been soldered directly to the board or there will be a connector

Looking carefully, he appears to have cutoff the connectors and wired directly to the board, due to space.

Edited by Wayneo
Looked closer

Yeah, so you have a few options. The RC hobby guys are familiar with Lipo's and tight soldering. They might see an issue with the sollder joints/wire. Your battery you can find at hobbyking. You could see if they're willing to to replace it for you, but it's obviously more work than just plugging in 2 connectors. It'll take them more time to clean up what's there, than the new soldering required. It looked to be a tight fit so maybe there was no room for connectors, blah blah blah.

For a builder to do it, you could check/ask at your local vape store.

Do you remember what the nonsense message was? All I've said was how to replace the battery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinyBeardedMan said:

What nonsense message are you talking about?

When you said this. It could be more than just the battery if the connections are solid.

22 hours ago, TinyBeardedMan said:

If I screw on my RDA my computer tells me its taking too much energy or some nonsense.

Good, so not mod related. Ask at a local vape shop for modders. The modder should be able to diagnose and repair.

Similar to your situation, my 2 thick battery cables are hardwired. When it's time to replace it, I'll decide whether to put a connector in the path by cutting the wires already there. Those are 12awg cables and can't be easily used with an XT30 connector (small)