ThinkVape Finder DNA75C LED Not Working

GrumpyJoe

The indicator light/LED under the fire button on my ThinkVape Finder DNA75C doesn't light up when pressed or when plugged in charging. I'm using the same theme as I have on another DNA 75 Color and the fire button light works on that one. I checked the light indicator tab in theme designer and it looks correct to me. Since the color screen turns off when charging/idle, I thought the LED was built onto the board, so I think it's not like ThinkVape skimped and didn't add the LED (IMO). I have no way of knowing at a quick glance whether the mod is charged (i.e. turns from red to green like my other DNA75C).  Maybe there is a way to add a "charging" screen to the theme to show charge status?  I'm not that savvy with theme designer, so I have no idea how to create a charging screen that would stay on (perhaps dimmed) to show the progress of the charging process?

I'm using escribe v2.0 SP6 and the latest firmware/SP on the device

My Theme is the "Therion - Paranormal - VT75C themes with icons English & Italian v2.6.2" and the only thing I modified is the Therion Logo to my own logo.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you

thinkvape_finder_75c_dna_tc_box_mod_3_.jpg

Edited by GrumpyJoe

giz_60, perhaps that is the issue, however I don't really want to disassemble the mod to check.  I feel as though if there was an LED behind the fire button, it would show through somewhat, it looks like there is enough spacing around the square fire button that it would be visible.  I have taken it into a very dark space and checked...nothing visible.  Thank you for your reply.

Edited by GrumpyJoe

I too have tried the dark space test & could see nothing...keep in mind that on the back side of the fire button actuator is a slight flange, keeping the actuator in place, that is probably blocking the light...at least in my case it is...I just check the battery meter on the Theme to see where the charge cycle stands...

• 5 weeks later...

After some research online and seeing that one user contacted ThinkVape directly, the LED is either not used or covered on this mod. ThinkVape stated that they do not use the LED, however I am not sure if it is part of the board or if they just didn't connect it.  Either way, it is not visible; my guess is that they covered it with a solid firing button or neglected to drill a "peep hole" in the case. 

The mod/510 connector resistance as measured by a copper plug on mine is "0.004".

On 10/27/2017 at 9:09 PM, GrumpyJoe said:

After some research online and seeing that one user contacted ThinkVape directly, the LED is either not used or covered on this mod. ThinkVape stated that they do not use the LED, however I am not sure if it is part of the board or if they just didn't connect it.  Either way, it is not visible; my guess is that they covered it with a solid firing button or neglected to drill a "peep hole" in the case. 

The mod/510 connector resistance as measured by a copper plug on mine is "0.004".

noted. tq