loss of power unless plugged usb

burninator93

Everything was fine, then completely dead. When the power button is pressed the mod lights up but shows absolutely zero battery. When you let off it shuts back down. When it's hooked in usb it will light up but still show no battery. I'm sending it back under warranty soon but when I went to my local vape store another guy was having the exact same issue with his. I've tried restoring setting, checking batteries, tanks, coils, everything. I got a second identical mod and had an issue similar today where it somehow changed the battery setting to 3 cell on it's own. I found and corrected it and everything worked great. 

tl;dr is there a simple fix for this that I'm not catching before I go and ship this mod off?

This has happened to me on two dna200 3cell lipo devices.

I took them apart and both batteries appear to show signs of swelling but i am not sure because I dont know what they looked like before. Do lipo packs generally look like this. 

Before they failed I noticed that they would get almost uncomfortably hot while charging, I had recently started to charge them solely in my truck (truck driver) using one of the cigarette lighter usb chargers. I am thinking this is the problem. The adapter i used in my truck might have been too high power or something.

Stats on adapter:Anker 4-port Adapter Output: 5V=9.6amps

I do have charging amps displayed on the dna200 screens but i didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Ususally around .96 amps when charging

3 hours ago, FattyBread said:

This has happened to me on two dna200 3cell lipo devices.

I took them apart and both batteries appear to show signs of swelling but i am not sure because I dont know what they looked like before. Do lipo packs generally look like this. 

Before they failed I noticed that they would get almost uncomfortably hot while charging, I had recently started to charge them solely in my truck (truck driver) using one of the cigarette lighter usb chargers. I am thinking this is the problem. The adapter i used in my truck might have been too high power or something.

Stats on adapter:Anker 4-port Adapter Output: 5V=9.6amps

I do have charging amps displayed on the dna200 screens but i didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Ususally around .96 amps when charging

I forgot to mention that the board no longer charges the batteries

after further review i do not think the batteries have swelled. and if they have a very small amount.

Edited by FattyBread
more information

• 1 month later...