Therion 75C draining/heating batteries with nothing attached

peraspera

My Therion 75C is draining and heating up batteries with no atty or tank installed. It does this with batteries that work correctly in my other Therion 75C. This started overnight when the Therion drained the batteries down to 1.74 volts. I checked it today and it did the same draining/heating with two other battery  pairs both with and without an attached atty or tank.

Any ideas on what might be wrong or any possible fixes?

May have a short or other issue in the device causing the batteries to auto discharge. As it auto discharges have you checked the voltage at the 510 connector with no atty present? Do have know if you have continuity at the 510 connector between thew center pin and the shell of the 510 when no batteries are connected indication the 510 is shorted?  Is the fire button stuck or shorted?  Could be many other things too.

The batteries that heated and went down to 1.74 volts are candidates to be disposed of and not used again.  

I never saw the firing indicator on the screen appear when my Therion 75c was heating/draining the batteries either with or without an atty or tank attached.

Evolv did not have me do any troubleshooting in response to the ticket I filed but just issued an RMA so I have no further information on what was causing the problem. I only mailed my Therion back to Evolv yesterday with the tracking showing a projected Saturday, 0/23 arrival date. I will post a follow up when Evolv lets me know what was amiss.

Whilst its not going to cause the amount of drain you mention above (sounds like it def needed sending back) i did notice whilst playing with themes that one drained my battery slightly whilst the mod wasn't in use.  Unfortunately i cant rem exactly which one it was (possibly the inverse one) as I've DL a lot of them - but it kept the battery indicator light on constantly which in my eyes isn't sensible.  However minimal the drain is you don't want it whilst the device is "dormant"