Purchased two days ago. Battery goes from 1/2 charge to dead in less than 1 hour. Vaping at 25W the mod dies after less than 1 hour of use. I was told it would last all day long vaping at 25W. I am not able to find or download Escribe for MacBook Pro. IF I can't fix I will have to return as it was over $100. I LOVE the style and feel, but MUST long battery life as promised when making the purchase.

I'm not an expert, but an idea or two.

What battery are you using, make and model?  I use LG HD2s and get about a day out of them in my DNA75.

Escribe, to my knowledge, is not available, yet, for Mac.  You could run a Windows emulator to get Escribe working.  That would show you what's actually going on.  My best guess, discounting the battery being the problem, is the chip/mod has a problem.  I'd suggest you take it back to the vendor and let them have a look.

Thank you for the link jakeT. 

Awsum140 the Elfin DNA75 has an internal battery. I was able to use the link jakeT provided yesterday for the Escribe software. I believe the battery is defective. It will not completely charge and only lasts about an hour. Also, when it is charging the temp increases steadily until I remove it from charger and allow it to cool for around 20 minutes. I guess the chip may be bad or the solder, etc... don't want to take apart though. I absolutely love the look and feel of the device but it must have a functional battery. I wish the battery was removable and rechargeable and preferably 18650, but it isn't. Thank you all for your help!

• Like 1

At 25W you'll get about 850 seconds total run time. Divide that by the average time of your puffs to find how many puffs you should be getting out of it.

E.g. my puffs are around 3.5 seconds long, 850/3.5 = 242. If I were using it I'd expect to get somewhere around 240 puffs out of a full charge. 
Hope that helps!

(This is assuming that the nominal voltage of the battery is 3.7v and an efficiency of 90%)

• Like 1