resistance change after 2 weeks

jesseseetai

built a new coil that read at .54 when I put it on my mod. it stayed there or would sometimes go up to .55 for a little bit and then back to .54. after about 2 weeks, today it just went down and starting reading at .53 and the vape is weaker/cool and it hits temperature protection very quickly. any ideas what would cause this? I took my atty off and cleaned the threads and the 510 on the mod but it's still happening.

10 hours ago, 67exec said:

Have you checked the screws that hold the coil in?

yep made sure the screws were tight

9 hours ago, giz_60 said:

and/or.... if using contact coils, try spacing them a bit...metal expands & contracts as it heats & cools, possibly causing your fluctuation in resistance...just a thought...

I do spaced coils so that shouldn't be the issue either

What atty are you using? I find many atomizers will vary in resistance. Ones with floating pins such as the Uwell Crown are particularly prone to this, especially when condensate gets into the bottom of the airflow control ring and seeps between the 510 pin and the base of the RBA deck. Other ones that use a spring loaded 510 pin can also exhibit similar behaviour, often due to the spring (some of my old Taifun GT IIs did this until I replaced the spring with a brass solid brass cylinder). I would most often suspect that the atomizer is the cause of this, given of course that your coil screws are fastened down correctly. 

Other times, the coil changing resistance is a sign that your coil is shot and it's time to make a new one. 

On 7/6/2017 at 0:24 PM, dl12345 said:

What atty are you using? I find many atomizers will vary in resistance. Ones with floating pins such as the Uwell Crown are particularly prone to this, especially when condensate gets into the bottom of the airflow control ring and seeps between the 510 pin and the base of the RBA deck. Other ones that use a spring loaded 510 pin can also exhibit similar behaviour, often due to the spring (some of my old Taifun GT IIs did this until I replaced the spring with a brass solid brass cylinder). I would most often suspect that the atomizer is the cause of this, given of course that your coil screws are fastened down correctly. 

Other times, the coil changing resistance is a sign that your coil is shot and it's time to make a new one. 

It's an Armor. yeah it's still fluctuating between .54 and .53. Maybe it's just time to change the coil.