New Coil Issue

jaydub23

So I just got my Therion DNA75C and for some reason it's asking me for a new coil very often and it doesn't appear to be working correctly either.  If I unscrew and screw back on my atomizer it will ask if it's a new coil, which is to be expected but it's also asking after the mod has sat locked for a longer period of time and it has timed out.  Which I guess would kind of be expected as well if the Ohms have changed due to the atomizer cooling off but I'd prefer that it just knew that I haven't unscrewed an atomizer and not have to go through this process again.  The problem I'm having with this though is that if I click on yes it will go back to main screen and then if I try to fire it will ask me again and it will repeat this process over and over again.  I've only found 2 ways to not make it go through the cycle.  One being that if I screw on the atomizer for the first time I have to go into settings and go to atomizer and make it measure the ohms then back out to the main screen and it will fire.  The second is after it's been timed out and it asks me I need to just hit No or back out to main screen and it will work. All this is with the stock theme that the mod came installed with.  I've also found that with the new theme I installed if I select lock Ohms then it will allow me to press yes and it will fire at the main screen but it will not register real time readings of the Ohms of the coil as it fluctuates. Is there something wrong?  Or is this normal operation?  Is there a way for me to make it so that the mod will not ask me so often if it's a new coil or not and simply just read the Ohms of the coil in real time?

Wayneo,

Yes I have updated to latest firmware.  If it's a theme issue then it happens with the stock theme that's being sent out by Lost Vape and it's also happening on the theme that I downloaded from the forums.  So it doesn't seem to be a theme only issue.  I could change the '% change' but it doesn't seem to trigger according to that.  It seems to only happen when I've taken the tank off and put it back on or when the mod has sat for a period of time and it has timed out.  So say I take off my Reload RTA and then put on my Crown III tank.  It will trigger the new coil message.  If then hit yes it will it will go back to main screen and if I try to fire the mod again it will again trigger the new coil message.  It will do that over and over again until I hit no and then manually change the Ohm's myself.  Then of course the Ohms are not changing real time with the coil and only staying as what I input them as.

Edit: To add that it will also do it if I've left the mod say to sit and charge overnight or have left it sit for an hr or so and the mod has locked and timed out.  

Edited by jaydub23

Ok disregard.  This was simply user error on my part.  To used to previous DNA's that I've owned I guess and instead of selecting new coil with the select button I was using the firing button which was causing it to go back out to main screen and not actually register the new coil.  Working as intended and was simply my user error.  Thanks for the reply Wayneo.  Still getting used to the new buttons and functions of the 75C haha.

• 1 year later...
36 minutes ago, Tarek salem said:

Hii did anyone find a way to get ride of new coil message ?? My coil reads 0.19 , 0.24 0.28 and 0.30 :( and i'm sure it's a good coil on my 2 tanks the same problem please help me

Is this a BF model or just normal therion? Lostvape had an issue with their 510s for a while because the use of thread lock, which will cause resistance issues.

you can check under the mod-electrical tab and see what the mod resistance is, most lost vapes are around 0.004 Ohms.

But, That doesn't sound like a software issue, sound like a physical connection issue.  you can always open a ticket with Evolv and they will take care of you.

helpdesk.evolvapor.com