weird screen issue

954kevin

whats up! i just commissioned a newly built dna 133 mod. new chip sent from evolv. im using temp control ss 316l  set to temp dominate in escribe. 

weird thing is if the mod has been sitting upon pressing the fire button the first time it quickly displays "off" then the entire screen fills with what looks like random numbers for a split second. it fills the whole screen ie: 44582 as an example. then as fast as it shows all these numbers the regular display returns and the temp starts to climb to its set integer. 

if i hit it again or even a few time shortly after the first press it doesnt do it, but if the mod fully cools and i hit the fire button it does this almost every time. 

im not sure if it matters but here is what i have the setting at:

ss316l 3mm id 7 wrap contact coils, fused claptons 26/38 i have the ohms manually locked in at 0.142

preheat 5 1 sec 80 watts

running wattage set to 80

i just got the box. builder didnt set the mod resistance so i set it manually to 0.01  i bumped it up by 0.001 intervals watching the device manager until the temp line was hugging the set temp line. at 0 it was spiking really high, then dropping really low n repeating. the closer i got to 0.01 the flatter it got. i did this until it looked familiar based on my old dna 133 device i had and used for 8 months until it died. 

im not sure if it matters but considering he didnt set the mod resistance im doubtful he ran the case analyzer. im not really sure what the benefit of running the analyzer is but i plan to do it, just havent yet. not sure if that would have anything to do with my display bugging out like i described, but i kinda doubt its anything to do with it. 

i will say my last dna 133 did this same thing but only after one of the square inductors fell off. i didnt use it but a couple times after it fell off but it would still fire.i noticed the disply doing the same thing the couple times i fired the mod without the piece. 

maybe it was doing it before but i dont remember seeing it. 

another thing ill mention is i was using 28/38 fused claptons ss316l but spaced coils for a long time. i never saw the mod read "off" when firing using those. since switching over to these 26/38 contact coils ive had to lower my set temp from 380-420f i used with the spaced to 240-280f on these bigger contact coils. its only started reading "off" for a split second since switching to these bigger coils. its not a perceivable delay in ramp up and in the device monitor its a nice flat consistent line on my set temp, its just set lower to feel the same. if i tried vaping these bigger coils at 400f itd burn my face off. 

Wow.... that's a lot of info to digest.....

Might try this:

Set the mod resistance to 0.004

Unlock ohm's

Build a spaced coil and connect it when the device and atty are at the same temperature using the profile setting you usually use.

What difference does this make?   Let it set a while to "refine"  Vape again..... any difference?.

• Like 2