No firmware and serial on device...

Andersen

When I was doing an upload it did make a fail. Escribe can see the DNA 75C but give me "The firmware is starting. It may take a moment" and the screen are blinking randomly trying to connect

I also get the message "Fail to get serial number" and something about "cant find firmware on device". I have tryed to apply the service pack and it upload it to the device, but I still get the fail messages.

Sorry for my poor english, and I hope someone have a magic trick in the sleeve

Hmm. If you get the message "The firmware is starting, it may take a moment." the screen should come on in about 1 minute. That happens if the firmware had crashed.

Alternatively, you can get it to start immediately with Tools -> Diagnostics -> Reboot Device -> Hard Reboot.

Does the screen appear white (no text) after this, or does it show something else? Could you take a video of what it is doing?

• Like 1

I took a few screenshots of your video....

It starts with black screen then gets white screen (picture 1) then gives an error message (picture 2) then gives theme screen (picture 3) then black screen (picture 4) if this helps James...

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

Interesting! "Error Press Up" seems to go away very fast. Are you pressing Up?

If so, instead of pressing Up, could you download the settings when it is at that screen, and send me them? It looks like it is crashing. I'd like to find out what settings could cause that. Also, what Service Pack are you running?

I have tryed to press up, and also hold the up button untill it did show but its still not working

I dont know how to download the setting from my device it just come with an error "Cant figure out the device version"

I did try both of the service packs there are averible, and those seem to be the only files I can upload to my device

Is it possible to get the firmware or serial by using Tools >>> Serial Terminal, and upload it to the device?

This is a firmware bug. Looking at the code, if your theme uploaded correctly but something about the theme makes the firmware crash or freeze, the Error Press Up screen might not wait for a button press. Tomorrow I will message you a custom firmware to try.