Calibration

LeeWB3

Just got two new DNA 75c boards.  One is the VapeDroid X1D2 and the other is a speciality modder's.

The VapeDroid came with something other than default calibrations for Thermal values.  The speciality modder's did not.  I assume that the values for Min and Max Output fields are as much as anything to make the Theme gauges appear more reasonable (who really runs 250degF or 600degF even if the board is capable of it?).  That leaves me needing to set the speciality modder's device with the normal Thermal values plus a new Case Static Temperature Rise.

For these other fields on previous DNA devices the obvious thing to do was to run the case analyzer in a temperature controlled environment and the test would populate these values for you.  This does not appear to be the case for the DNA75c.  The case analyzer will certainly RUN and it does populate _most_ of the values.  However, it does not set the new USB Connect Temperature Rise which the VapeDroid does and yields dramatically different results than provided on the VapeDroid.  Of course, I have no idea whether VapeDroid's values are correct, but since the case analyzer is not setting the Case Connect Temperature Rise and there DOES appear to be some rise in the case temperature by simply connecting to USB even with USB charging turned off (plus the fact that creating a new device with factory defaults DOES set that field) I am not certain I believe that the Case Analyzer is yielding better results than those provided by VapeDroid.  Which leaves me in a quandary as to how to set ALL the values correctly for the speciality modder's device.

Is there any trick to setting these values?  Do we still just run Case Analyzer and ignore the the new field after the test sets it to 0?

If not, do I set this field by allowing the mod to come to full ambient temp, note the board temp (by choosing a theme that allows me to see it), connect the mod to a computer, immediately turn off USB charging and allow the board to re-equalize in temp so I can note how much temperature rise occurs?  If this is reasonable, what does this value do to the Case Static Temperature Rise?  I'd assume it doesn't affect Case USB Charge Temperature Rise, but am not certain.

There will be a considerable number of people, including modders, that will want to set these values correctly since they fairly dramatically affect the ability to obtain correct cold ohms.

OK....thanks for the post and. many of your questions are above my "pay grade" so maybe James can help you out with the specific procedures used in the Analyzer temp parameters.  I'm looking into it a bit as noted in my message....

• Like 1