Therion DNA166 Won't Turn On or Charge

evilkaos

Hey I just got a new Therion DNA166 about a week ago. And suddenly today it won't turn on. I have tried with different batteries to no avail. When I plug in the power cord I see a very dimly lit screen. I plugged it into EScribe because I saw another post that said to change it from 3-cell to 2-cell but that didn't help. It was working amazingly until today

1 minute ago, giz_60 said:

Don't know if this might be your problem, but the Therion's have had a problem with the wires from the battery sled to the board coming loose, on the sled side. Just a thought...😏

is there any way to check that without taking it apart?

Possible that a wire may have broken in the battery sled on one of the battery posts.... if in warranty you might contact Lost Vape link in my sig line below....  others have ran across this also... opening the device will void the warranty from Lost Vape.... my best guess absent opening the device since it happened right after you changed batteries....

15 minutes ago, evilkaos said:

is there any way to check that without taking it apart?

The B+ and B-  to the board come from the top of the battery sled & the balancing tap, the bottom, so you can check the ground connection without opening the device up. With an ohm meter, you can check for continuity between the ground of the 510 connector & the ground battery post on the TOP connections.

Edit:  I just verified that on my working 166...

Edited by giz_60
Edit
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, giz_60 said:

The B+ and B-  to the board come from the top of the battery sled & the balancing tap, the bottom, so you can check the ground connection without opening the device up. With an ohm meter, you can check for continuity between the ground of the 510 connector & the ground battery post on the TOP connections.

Edit:  I just verified that on my working 166...

Only problem is that I don't have an ohm meter and don't easily have access to one

• 5 months later...

I put brand new Samsung 25r 18650’s in my new therion dna 166 with the dna250 board. When I plugged it in to escribe and uploaded the settings under the mod tab the battery name is dual25r. How does that work?  Does the board know what batteries where first put in the mod?