DNA60 fast board overheating

zhar0v

Hi, i have LostVape Esquare DNA60 (2*18650 in parallel) for few days and board temperature raises very fast to 200F, while vaping on 35-60W and i see "TOO HOT" error.

I tried to reflash, set different coils (0.2-0.4 ohms) and set battery profile for my Samsung 30Q's, but it did not help.

I can get "TOO HOT" and board temperature around 200F after 7-10 long puffs.

I attached a screenshot where i pressed fire button few times on 55W and you can see how board temperature rises. Room temperature is normal, box mod and atomizer are slightly warm when i see 200F board temperature on the screen.

Sorry for my English and please help me resolve this problem, thx.

Alexander

escr2.png

First thought......You might contact your vendor for a replacement or contact Lost Vape.  The DNA 60 has onboard temperature sensing. It will shut down and display this message if the internal board temperature becomes excessive.

Second thought.......Can you post a screenshot of the Thermals shown in the Mod Tab?

• Like 2

6 часов назад, retird сказал:

First thought......You might contact your vendor for a replacement or contact Lost Vape.  The DNA 60 has onboard temperature sensing. It will shut down and display this message if the internal board temperature becomes excessive.

Second thought.......Can you post a screenshot of the Thermals shown in the Mod Tab?

Thanks for response. I'm going to send video to Lost Vape and hope we can resolve this.

I know about temperature sensing, and i understand that vaping can increase board temperature (high current etc), but not so fast.

My default "Thermals" settings from manufacturer on screenshot. I can't find correct info to change it right for Esquare mod.

thermals.jpg

DNA 60 can't really use Thermal meaningfully, because the charging is off-board and it doesn't know much about it. The defaults should work well enough.

How good is the heat sinking on your mod? The DNA 60 is a small board (half the size of DNA 75), so it gets hot, so it needs good heat sinking.

Also, do you run into this in normal usage? It should be fine with how people typically vape. Certainly in testing it can get very hot. Your screenshot shows 132F, not 200F?

• Like 1

7 часов назад, James сказал:

DNA 60 can't really use Thermal meaningfully, because the charging is off-board and it doesn't know much about it. The defaults should work well enough.

How good is the heat sinking on your mod? The DNA 60 is a small board (half the size of DNA 75), so it gets hot, so it needs good heat sinking.

Also, do you run into this in normal usage? It should be fine with how people typically vape. Certainly in testing it can get very hot. Your screenshot shows 132F, not 200F?

I do my own research and also get answer from Evolv support - apparently it's normal for such small board. It's work fine until I starting chain vaping on around 50-60W.

I think there is not enough heat sinking of inductors in my mod (screenshot), so I'm going to install aluminium heat sink on both inductors(no idea if this will help, comment please) or just sell \ exchange this mod.

But in fact: DNA60 is not for chain vaping on maximal wattage.

Screenshot in first post shows 132F, but it can reach 200F after few more puffs. I had no problems with my vaping style on other mods (even smaller size).

mod_inside.JPG

Edited by zhar0v