Screen ribbon options

mandro

I've been reading about the few problems with pinched screen ribbons. I built my mod, using the on board switches and found that there wasn't much room for fitting the screen/ribbon between the switches. Would it be possible to have a slightly shorter ribbon for builds using the on board switches and if so, would a shorter ribbon still be able to fold back on itself ?

I managed to get mine in OK but I've built quite a few mods. I would imagine that it could cause problems for someone building their first mod. If the screen cut-out is not in the right place, there is a chance of pinching the ribbon.

Brandon said:

You should be able to fold the ribbon cable without damage.  We put 2 folds in the screen ribbon when assembling the reference mod and have not had any issues.  Once folded, you should avoid unfolding it. 

I folded mine gently while installing in both my mods (BRD200 and Hana v200). I think the problem comes when the ribbon is pinched between the fire button and you're constantly pinching it when vaping and eventually it fails. It took 2+ days on my BRD200 and less than 24 hrs on my v200. 

Here's how I pre-bent the ribbon when I installed a new display in the v200.