DNA200 blank screen, non responsive buttons, works fine in Escribe

Zakm0n

Doing a screen replacement on a mod I built was going great, mod checked out fine outside of the enclosure, and after securing the screen in (using scotch tape, this is a prototype) and getting everything in, the whole mod stops working. Going into device monitor I can see all of everything as normal, and puff through the software, but the screen is still blank, and the on board buttons do nothing.

Edit: It seems that I somehow managed to damage the ribbon cable. I can't see any damage, but I figured out that the board was locked and then the mod worked with out any display. I assume it doesn't take much to mess up these ribbon cables?

Excellent that you discovered that the mod was locked and that the chip itself is fine.  As to the screen and cable, yes I too tend to beat them up when testing out a new enclosure design. Most modders or case designers I know of have eaten at least one.  I have defaulted to using a dead screen for such purposes for that very reason.  A few rough installs is frequently enough to bust them.  I have also started testing enclosures without the ribbon connected initially (for the DNA200, not for the 40 and others as I now have dead boards and screens for each of those that I can test with).  They are cheap to replace:

http://modcrate.myshopify.com/products/dna-200d-replacement-screen-oem

Additionally, Evolv may stary carrying them on their website, that that is just a suggestion at this point.