Battery indicator/percentage jumping.

So, I made myself a prototype. Or, I have two in the making, but wanted a huge mod for long lasting batterylife.

Bought a china made battery from the local RC-store, and the smallest 3S they had was 2700mah. Huge thing.

Anyway, I´ve been using this for the last 24hours to see how long it takes to drain it with my ADV tank, at 55w and 0.37ohms.

Twice since last charge, it has juped from 30-something percent and up to over 50%.
Seems like it never drains, but right now it stays like it should and the percent goes down.

Why is this, is this a bug or does it re-read the cells after a certain amount of voltagedrop?

Here is the brick side-byside with my Single 18650 SX350 60w and the dual SX350J 150w:
11745738_10153382832336043_361490353715192928_n.jpg

This "could" happen if you have this CAPACITY value set incorrectly for your battery.

[image]

Or..... if the Discharge curve for your battery is significantly different than the default curve.

[image]

Recommendations:
Ensure you have the latest firmware loaded, a reasonable "Capacity" in Wh set, THEN fully charge the battery.

According to John, a future version of the firmware is probably going to have a battery analyzer builtin to EScribe which will help determine CAPACITY more accurately.

• 4 weeks later...